Our Only Delight

I thought about only putting the pretty pictures on the blog this week, and I decided you would get to see a bunch of bad ones too.

1. Having our family together. This was the first week of trying to school these young ones at home.  I have probably learned much more than they have, and they aren't all good things. Spelling tests cause anxiety and tears. Eve wants to learn about puberty more than anything else. Griffin has more attention for fantasy than anyone else can stand, and that is really all he is interested in right now. Practicing piano and violin is kind of a reward. They love it, and their teacher is inspired. It's hard to keep these guys fed and happy. Feeding them is also rarely happy. But once the calories hit their bloodstreams, they are wonderful.



Wyatt decided to go ahead and do his math paper. And he has done seminary too. Pretty put together for 18.

Willa finished her assignment to create an image of her perfect world. I think hers is mine too.





2. Just some delightful things.

Most people don't have general conference weekends that involve costume changes. Well, maybe you do too.






Everyone is getting spring right now. It's beautiful! I just love redbuds!


Not doing enough hair or makeup, but getting out to relocate the toads and to get out. 
 3. Our refuge from the storm. If you just stay inside and read the news, you'd get very fearful and worried and sad about what is happening in the world. But if you listen to prophets and go outside and look at the actual world, it brings great light and great hope. General Conference was amazing. The spirit was there in abundance!  Highlights were a quiet new socially distant format that worked very well, a proclamation on the restoration, a new symbol for Jesus Christ's restored church, a Hosanna shout, an announcement of a Good Friday fast to control COVID 19, protect health care workers and heal people and economies, AND 8 new temples announced--two of them in Dubai and Shanghai!!!  My notes were full of good, good things. Excellent doctrine and a manageable list of things I need to do and focus on.






Comments

  1. I love your pictures, Mom! I also love you and being with you. And your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures. Great family. Appearance of happy family doing its best. The parents look a little careworn, but still youthful. Our day was similar sans "littles".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures were absolutely delightful!! You are beautiful sans make-up and hair. Your beauty comes from your eyes that shine when you are with family. Willa's perfect world was amazing and wonderful. I want to just look at it more and more. I love how she put Eve and Griffin playing under the tablecloth. And MOM is in it and Grandpa Wimmer! So many details I need to just look at it more and more.

    Your General Conference with costume changes made me laugh. That's a great way to keep things popping! Your sidewalk chalk art was very pleasing to look at too. And Wyatt is always so great. I love his presence in your pictures. Sometimes he stars, but mostly he is there, not too far from you and quietly present. He has always had that same presence even from a baby. So easy to have around. Love that Wimmer family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Sounds like a good week to be in pv ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:16 PM

    I loved Conference too Heather! I am quite used to my “sheltering in place” by now. Angi’s family and Steve visit.. outside..at a distance.. but it still seems unreal at times. When they give the number of deaths nation wide I know it is but stil... I was just thinking about our Family Reunion and wondering if it will even be possible by then?? I too loved Willa’s family picture... a sad touches my heart when I see your mom and remember her... I suppose you saw the post on Facebook I loved where the person stated the results of their “home school”. ... two students had been expelled and the teacher arrested for drinking on the job!��xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will's perfect collage makes me happy. I notice a bowl full of zuchinni like the bowl at my house I use for salad many times a week. I wonder if Grandma Wimmer is wearing a bustier or an intricate seatbelt or what? Is that a grapefruit? Skittles? I'm not going to comment on the white bowl of something, but I'll keep on wondering. You look just dang cute, as does Willa. The hints of Leonardo's painting are priceless, and of course, any good family photo has a couple of imps hiding under the tablecloth. You guys are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew you'd be so interested in the details on the table, Paige? Grandma Wimmer is wearing a support corset, I think it was to support her lower back because she broke her tailbone falling on the ice last winter. She has healed unexpectedly well for her age. A mango. Marbles. Cherry tomatoes on the vine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There IS also a giant grapefruit. And scrabble tiles. And a white bowl with a film camera in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment