Happy Easter! Here is a video to the song from the title. It's wonderful.
And here is a bit about our week.
![]() |
![]() |
| It's allergy season. |
Spring and Easter!
Trying to absorb and remember everything from conference
Seeing friends--Zoom book club, FaceTime with Meredith, Denise and Ryne from the driveway
Being a part of a worldwide fast on Good Friday
Joe's KC from DoorDash and Mexican food pickup
Freedom and ease in schedule for most of us
A family bike ride around Meadowbrook Park
Hardest parts:
Getting school at home right.
Alan is just as busy as ever.
We are starting to get conflicting Zoom meetings.
Working on:
Getting the trim and paint done. Considering doing more. (Insert long, dying groan)
Selling the van. It's gone.
Blog book for 2019.
My calling. I submitted two newspaper pitches this week.
Finishing taxes so we can hit send on July 15.
Shopping for Evie new furniture.










Heather, are you feeling like me about our new normal. Sometimes for a small moment the thought crosses my mind that this can really be happening! That I will wake up and my old life will be back.. and then I quit pretending/hoping and accept that what is..is! At least now we have the joy of Spring and flowers..I loved yours! Xo momw
ReplyDeleteThe haircut wasn't the best thing, or worst thing? It looks so good on you. It was great to see plastic Easter eggs. Our family is done with those. And the van is gone. The passing of an era is not?
ReplyDeleteI love how your hair frames your beautiful face so nicely. I am finally getting used to the blond. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with thinking about doing more and then a long, dying groan!! Perfectly said. You are so great about taxes! Good job! I think we just barely finished ours...for both 2018 and 2019. We are so on top of things this year!
Biking and walks together sound so nice. I'm going to make my kids go on a walk with me today. I saw a friend walking with her kids during my run and was a bit jealous - and that's something I can do something about!
Such cute faces you are living with. The sidewalk chalk that ended up on a precious little 7 year old boy was delightful. I too love it that you have plastic Easter eggs at your house. I think we have some that we did nothing with this year.
Loved the song! Love the pictures and the people in them more. I like your haircut too. It’s fun to see Willa so much. Are you guys enjoying having her home so much too? Your things sound a lot like our things, though I haven’t fixed all the bikes so no bike rides yet. So glad you got to see some of your friends I am finding Those little encounters so helpful.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on getting home schooling right and making it through allergy season. Love you guys.
The haircut was in February. And it was just a little bit shorter iteration of the one I did in November. I think people are thrown off because it's straight in this post.
ReplyDelete