Weekly Mix

Here is this week's collection of bad pictures:

Wyatt got a new bed and will finally get his posters hung.

We did a forced furniture trade with Evie and gave away the pressboard black stuff of dubious quality.
This is what we do at ward basketball games:

Visit with young moms and their babies. Chanel's dad and I were in the same high school at the same time.

Play in the nursery room.

One of us plays actual basketball.

Wrestle. Or whatever.

Griff takes pictures.
Here we have Evie's reaction to spring yard work starting:


And here are the few things that stand out from this week:

1. We fed the missionaries dinner on Monday and they invited us to pray for the elect in the Kansas City area to be prepared and find the gospel. We agreed. On Friday my neighbor texted to see if I wanted to go on a walk and then on the walk asked me, "So what about this church you go to? How did it start?"  And then she said she would love to read The Book of Mormon and go to church with me!  Knock me over with a feather!

2. The Kansas City temple has been closed all month, and I have been studying temple covenants and blessings.  I was one of the only members who got to attend the temple this month when I went to help clean it on Tuesday. I asked the cleaning coordinator what was the best thing she has learned in her five years of being in charge of cleaning the temple. She said, "If it is important to you, it is important to the Lord. And His way is always better than ours."  She says she has received direct and specific revelation about how to clean the temple and keep it unspotted from the world. It has been food for thought all week.

3. My friend Lo, who teaches High Fitness, came to my aqua class and called me on ripping off some of their choreography. Must repent. I have decided I need to stop it or become High certified or see if they want to collaborate on starting an aqua version of High. The last one sounds toughest but overall best.

4. We tried a new place on our date: Strang Hall, which is a cool space in the newly revitalized downtown Overland Park with 6 mini-restaurants. We loved the Asian place and had a fun time watching Ford vs. Ferrari at home while we got mini-visits from Eve and Wyatt. Griff was the only one who stayed respectfully in bed.

Comments

  1. Bill and I really enjoyed Ford v Ferrari even though our kids had absolutely no interest :) I like what you're doing with Wyatt's bedroom and basketball games look like fun for the whole family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. High fitness and friends who's father you went to school with! You definately know how to kick this aging thing to the curb, and you are beautiful and good. I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and happenings of your household. Basketball looks fun, and I am happy that it still happens somewhere. It’s pretty much died in our area. Your missionary experience is amazing and your temple thought. Definitely going to be thinking about that. I think Aqua High would be a great avenue and you should talk to them. Your date night sounds fun, though most of my kids want to see that movie so there is no way we would be left alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:08 AM

    What a fun life you lead Heather! It seems like each day is a new adventure. The thing is that while we are living it, we don’t realize how precious it really is. What a fun experience with your neighbor and the church. I love it! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also watched Ford v Ferrari last week -- loved it. Your young fellow has a great eye for basketball shots (as photos.) Your husband has a great eye for basketball shots in the game. I'm excited to know if your pitch about high-aqua brings fabulous results. If it happens, of course. I get it that you have many different priorities. I also liked the insight about your new friend getting inspiration on how to clean the temple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment