In the foreground, we have a lot of kid stuff this week. Play dates that were so much fun until we were tired of them. A day off of school for the Chiefs celebration. Sitting by wiggly friends in church because their mama was giving a talk. Playing in Primary. Videos of children mysteriously ending up on my phone.
![]() |
Sure you can have a snack. As long as it's orange.
|
![]() |
| The mama in the background of this picture made this idyllic scene happen. She is AWESOME. |
In the background we have mamas who got to visit with each other for their own friend time. A stake newsletter produced. The front part of the house being painted. The new aqua routine going over well. Reading about opposition in all things and feeling it. A bunch of laundry and cleaning. The van even got washed.
Somewhere in the mid-ground but off to one side was a really fun weekend watching all the Oscar nominated live action and animated shorts. Alan and I went to Price Chopper for a quick and adequate dinner with two Duck Donuts to share before the live action shorts started. Then all five of us the next day ate dinner at Dewey's Pizza with Hurts Donuts for dessert (definite upgrade on the food) and watched the animated shorts together. Eve just wished they didn't all make you cry. Our predictions for winners? The Neighbor's Window for live action and Memorable for Animated.
![]() |
| The aftermath of one of the playdates. Face paint. I have no idea what he was going for. |



I get to be the first to comment! Yeah me!
ReplyDeleteYour weeks are so busy and you do such great things. I loved your orange snacks. They were beautiful. So glad the new routine went over well at water aerobics!
Fine thing making predictions for the Oscars. I hope things go exactly that way. I might even watch the short films if you give me a clue where you find them. There's want an explanation of Griffin's wierd photo. I find myself mistified.
ReplyDeletePaige, go to shortstv.com and there is a listing of how you can access the short films. We saw them in an arts theater near us.
ReplyDeleteActually the website is: https://shorts.tv/theoscarshorts/
ReplyDeleteI love how you explained your week. I relate to it a lot. So much goes on, on so many levels to keep a household going. It’s great that your kids and you got friend time at the same time. I need to take note of that and apply it to my life.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the shorts info. We’ll watch them post oscars and maybe pay attention to if they got an award or not.
I finally got my phone to play that video is Eve. Big smiley face.
ReplyDelete