It's 02.02.20.20 today.
1. Joel's birthday. I am so glad to have a brother. He is brilliant and wildly different than me, which is also a blessing. As I was reading in D&C 107 today, I was reading about blessings for literal descendants and thought how as Joel was sealed into our family, before I was even born, the sealer told Mom and Dad that he was theirs as if he were born to them. As such he is a literal heir to all the blessings. It gives great hope that all of us can be adopted into Christ's family as if we were born into the original covenant.
2. The Kansas City Chiefs played in the Superbowl AND WON! We wore red to support Brother Reid, or "Andy and the boys" as one brother prayed in the closing prayer. It's a great day to be from Kansas City. Our neighbors are still setting off fireworks, and I think the city is planning on shutting down for a return victory parade on Wednesday.
3. It was 67 degrees and sunny today! And note the date again as you think about that. It was like God was smiling on Kansas City.
4. Also I got some more pictures from Alan of favorites in Hawaii. The volcanoes were almost inexpressibly awesome. We got one picture of Wyatt's face. I'll post it when I can find what happened to it!
![]() |
| Those sulfur vents smell vile to Evie! |




The red cow? Is that for the Chiefs?
ReplyDeleteIt's such a great time to be from KC!! Bill and I were secretly pleased that the Chiefs won (we had to be secret about it because there are too many 49ers fans here!)
ReplyDeleteI love how your ward supported Coach Reid and I love the prayer even more for "Andy and the boys." So delightful.
Evie's face is classic! I knew it must be the sulfur before I even read the caption. That's exactly what sulfur does to your face!
I love the ward picture on super bowl Sunday. Evan and I both loved the prayer for Andy and the boys. Next time take me on your fun vacations!
ReplyDeletePaige--the red cow is indeed for the Chiefs. Number 15 on the team is Patrick Mahomes, who at 24 is the youngest quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl and a Super Bowl MVP award. He's kind of a big deal, especially around here. The cow is in the yard of one of our neighbors.
ReplyDeleteI was so happy that KC won the super bowl. I was cheering for them because you live there. I love that your ward supported Brother Reid in clothing and prayer. Your neighbors cow is so fun and super supportive! I hope your good weather stayed till the parade on Wednesday. That is great weather for February. We had good weather here till Early Monday morning. Now it is beget much winter again.
ReplyDeleteHawaii looks and sounds dreamy. What a great place for a conference/vacation. I am glad Wyatt came this year and there was picture proof. I also really love the last picture of Allan and Evie.
Everyone at our Larsen Super Bowl Party were for the Chiefs too and it was wild there to say the least! xo-momw
ReplyDelete