With Whipped Cream on Top

For about a week the thing that always made the top of my list of things I was looking forward to was Willa was coming home. So we did both regular and fun things, but with Willa. It was like having whipped cream on top of everything we did this week.

-Final court of honor at church. This is adorable Arlon Sloop, who has worked with our cub scouts for the last 10 years, including when I was Primary president. He loves those boys so much!  And he doesn't know when to stop talking.




This was just an illustration of what it's like to have my two neediest kids home both needing me. Willa thinks it is HER turn now she is home! Griff always thinks it is his turn.

It's also an illustration of how many double chins I can make. Whoa Nellie!

We went to the temple to do baptisms together and drove home in the sunset to a great dinner at Prairie Village shops and a final farewell to the Leawood Foo's which is closing on Christmas Eve.



We went shopping together! We went to the SLCC Holiday party together! And we went to Evie's first piano recital together! Willa even agreed to babysit so Alan and I could have a date together.







We got to go to church together, which is my favorite thing together. We felt a little sheepish to invite people to our special Christmas service because our ward is special in a very ordinary way. We are quite humble in our gatherings, but it did feel special today. And having my favorite people there made my heart sing.






Comments

  1. I always love it when I get to see pictures of Willa. She is so often on the other side of the camera even though she is so photogenic. So so perfect to have her there to do all the things!

    Thank you for sharing Evie's piano recital with us! Her song was wonderful and it was so dear to see her sitting there with her feet not even touching the floor doing such a beautiful job with her piano teacher! Oh, my heart!

    So much love to you and your family. Being together is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've got blog issues of my own, so asking this seems hypocritical. I would like it if settings could be changed so that I could look at things while I'm commenting. That would help me not miss crucial stuff. Evie is genius on the piano, as all children her age ought to be. Willa looks so beautiful with the Arrow of Light things shine past her chin. That is really nice angle. She's also cute with the cats sitting next to her. I just wish you had lots more time with everybody that you want to have at your house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment