We are going to start with some pictures from last week because 1) They are a little bit funny and 2) They still feature some of my favorite people.
![]() |
| It turns out they let you out of escape rooms even if you don't quite get all the clues. We are only sort of dazzling. |
![]() |
| I'm including this so you can be wowed by Willa's editing skills when you see our Christmas card. |
![]() |
| Some beauty. A December sky. I have a friend who photographs almost entirely sky shots. |
![]() |
| My beautiful boy, sort of stuck on the floor. |
-Hosted the stake PA council here with a feast I made all by myself: balsamic glazed pork, garlic mashed potatoes, kale salad, rolls, pineapple, with caramel apple cheesecake bars for dessert. Costco made the rolls and salad though.
-Decorated for Christmas.
-Ordered Christmas Cards.
-Participated in #LightTheWorld. I love that!
-Went to the ward Christmas party, wrapped and donated presents, G and E went to a birthday party and APW and I went to a luminary walk with 5000 of our closest friends--all on Saturday along with yard work and a mountain bike ride for Alan and his bros.
-Some gift buying, wrapping and mailing.
This week I have been particularly grateful for iterations of December. We get to try again every year. Perhaps with enough practice I'll one day get them right.








Oh, how I love your posts! I am already impressed with Willa so this just adds to it! I had to zoom in on the picture on my phone to find your little people. They blended in so well with all your big ones. This spoke to me so much! Having fun, getting stuff done and just being are all so important! Thanks for sharing! Love you and all your good people.
ReplyDeleteDecember can be challenging. People who have high standards find it more so. I like what you do. It makes the world a better place. Your photos of people and skies and helmets and trees are all wonderful. I know the luminary walk would not have produced good photos, but I'm glad I get to imagine you are walking along with your true love in that Winter Wonderland. You guys are just great.
ReplyDeleteYou're so busy! I can't wait to get the Christmas card, I wish I was coming home for Christmas (shhh), and I can't believe how much you get done every week.
ReplyDeleteI needed your advice about finding a good balance. Yes. Just a very apt description of my life too: " lots of things that were sort of fun and sort of painful, and you have to find a balance that leaves you with some satisfaction." Satisfaction is so elusive sometimes!!
ReplyDeleteYour people make me happy. I loved all the pictures! That tree that Griff and Kaison climbed was incredible! I want my family picture in that tree next year!
I was especially impressed with the feast you created for the stake PA council. What a classy dinner. For someone who doesn't like being in charge of the food, you're very good at it.