See the Good

BYUTV's tagline is "See the Good".  It is sneaky AND thoughtful--an excellent combination. Here are a few of our good things this week if you'd like to see.

1. Wyatt still lives here. As of this weekend he has applied to 7 schools, including the essay heavy BYU (phew!). I often think about how great he is and how much better my life is because of him. He babysat so I could sub an aqua class on Saturday and he made excellent cookies (the Alex Steele/America's Test Kitchen recipe) for our family to deliver to people in the ward today for our stake's day of service. He also cracks me up regularly. Tonight I was chiding him for ignoring Eve when she was trying to tell him a bad joke and told him, "You want them to have good memories of you, don't you?" He responded, "I want to have good memories of them!"


2. This is what Halloween looked like here in Kansas:

Good morning! First snow of the season.

Eve decided she needed to make a "snow collage" that went promptly into the microwave.

On my way to 80's High Fitness that morning. I won most authentic. My daughters said so.

Luckily the night warmed up a bit. I love this trio! I also loved walking around with Ryne's parents and saying hello to our neighbors. We have such very good neighbors.

Amanda and Sam came to trick or treat and mess around.
 3. Griff was learning a lesson about obedience, which necessitated restricting his home screen time to zero this week. It was kind of painful, but also produced a lot more creativity. He made up a new sport called "Lagger Ball" which requires padding and dressing up.


 4. Stake conference was awesome. Some of the best messages were about why you should want to figure out if there is a God, increasing the reverence in our interactions with each other, avoiding contention, patriarchal blessings, resilience and trusting God. I left with a medium-sized to do list. I feel like I have my errand from the Lord.

5. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and The Book of Joy.  Two excellent reads for the week. I stopped reading the latter to devour the former. It was wonderful!  And I'm excited to get back to the Joy book again.  And I made two books as well! So glad to FINALLY have my 2018 blog book sent off to the printer. It was hard. The year and the book.

6. This video. Dad and Marj, Mom W, click here to see it.



Comments

  1. Yikes! I'm interested to hear how a week with no screens went for Griff. Also, I wish I was the one who had come up with Wyatt's response when you reminded him that he ought to want the kids to have good memories of him. You have such a busy life, don't you? I keep thinking one day things will calm down, like when I finish law school or when we settle down somewhere or something, but if your life is any indication, calm is not in my future. So I'm trying to enjoy now the things I'll probably never have again -- like a school schedule that permits mid-day naps, quiet nights alone with me and Evan, spontaneous trips to Las Vegas. Things like that. I'd like to request a special blog post where you detail a day in the life of each family member at home, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliza got it totally right. She needs to include a free nights lodging with her Ladd relatives on those Vegas weekends. Your outfit for 80s high fit only lacked the high and crispy bangs. The sparkles. Oh, that sequins. What joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting us see the good in your life. I loved the video of delicious Griff. He didn't seem to mind at all being licked by the cat!

    Wyatt is right - it's a bit of two-way street there :) He is so so good. It's really like you say, "Once they become delightful and truly helpful, they are ready to leave home."

    I so loved your eighties work-out gear. You owned it! I thought hair half-up, half-down was a good idea for not having bangs anymore.

    Your precious trick-or-treaters made me want younger children for a moment. That is such a great age for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment