Mom Wimmer pointed out that I do everything in twos. All my kids are in twos, and now two cats as well. It turns out the photos from this week are also in twos.
1. Two scouts.
Griffin is a cub scout this year. He has been DYING to do it since last year. We bought the uniform this week after the first pack meeting, which featured an awesome magician. Also, he likes to play video games. This year he has decided his video game plan, which is: a Nintendo Switch Lite, Splatoon 2, Crayola Scoot and Pokemon Sword. He might try asking for them for birthdays or Christmas, but his face falls whenever I suggest that idea because he knows he won't get them. His favorite TV show this year is SlugTerra. His favorite subject in school is math, and he has a lot of friends at school such as Ellis and Ryne, and his favorite food is pizza. His favorite music album is Kids Bop 24.
Wyatt became an Eagle Scout this week. This photo was taken late at night after he got home from waiting to be the third Eagle passing a board of review at the church on Wednesday--a whole WEEK before his 18th birthday. Woot woot! He also took three SAT subject tests this week and made blondies to take to dinner at our friends' house tonight. And said many, many things that made me laugh. And did dishes and read Jane Eyre, even though it is painfully British and old.
3. Two days of General Conference!!!
We try to take it seriously, but we end up climbing into the window sills and playing with new Lego sets in celebration of making it to the last session.
I seriously loved it though. I especially loved the Women's Session on Saturday night. I invited two sisters I love to go with me and we were amazed by the nitty gritty we got right down to immediately: depression and suicide, taking upon us the name of Jesus Christ, major changes in the YW program, encouragement in our callings, LGBT issues and women and priesthood authority. So, so awesome! I also loved hearing the prophet tell us that he loves us so much that he'd like to welcome us into his family. "So if you're looking for an extra grandpa," he said, "Give me a call." Love it!
Favorite weekends for sure!
1. Two scouts.
Griffin is a cub scout this year. He has been DYING to do it since last year. We bought the uniform this week after the first pack meeting, which featured an awesome magician. Also, he likes to play video games. This year he has decided his video game plan, which is: a Nintendo Switch Lite, Splatoon 2, Crayola Scoot and Pokemon Sword. He might try asking for them for birthdays or Christmas, but his face falls whenever I suggest that idea because he knows he won't get them. His favorite TV show this year is SlugTerra. His favorite subject in school is math, and he has a lot of friends at school such as Ellis and Ryne, and his favorite food is pizza. His favorite music album is Kids Bop 24.
Wyatt became an Eagle Scout this week. This photo was taken late at night after he got home from waiting to be the third Eagle passing a board of review at the church on Wednesday--a whole WEEK before his 18th birthday. Woot woot! He also took three SAT subject tests this week and made blondies to take to dinner at our friends' house tonight. And said many, many things that made me laugh. And did dishes and read Jane Eyre, even though it is painfully British and old.
2. Two random things we did:
I rearranged Griff's room and planned where we are going to hang climbing holds and a hammock because our handyman is here this week busting a move getting things done.
Two soccer games under threat of severe weather. Griff played great on offense, but goalie was boring because the other team never got the ball down to that end. Evie also played offense this week and is improving each week.
We try to take it seriously, but we end up climbing into the window sills and playing with new Lego sets in celebration of making it to the last session.
I seriously loved it though. I especially loved the Women's Session on Saturday night. I invited two sisters I love to go with me and we were amazed by the nitty gritty we got right down to immediately: depression and suicide, taking upon us the name of Jesus Christ, major changes in the YW program, encouragement in our callings, LGBT issues and women and priesthood authority. So, so awesome! I also loved hearing the prophet tell us that he loves us so much that he'd like to welcome us into his family. "So if you're looking for an extra grandpa," he said, "Give me a call." Love it!
Favorite weekends for sure!






Yay for Griff getting to be a scout! He is the cutest little scout!
ReplyDeleteAnd super-duper hurrah for Wyatt getting his Eagle! Look at him go! That's a lot of work. For everyone. (Congrats to you too, Heather!) He is such an amazing guy with all the everythings he does. What a Renaissance man!
Soccer sounds like a pain...but it keeps little ones almost busy enough!
I have decided that every time you buy clothes for you should just buy two so I can have one too. You can bill me monthly. But then maybe I could look like you! Miss you, sissy!
Dang, ma. That hair. I extra super much approve of Wyatt's hair. Having two Scouts at the same time is awesome, but in the same picture would be even better. Think they would do that for me? I love how scrunchie yet flexible Evie is at the same time. I agree on conference. It really made me stop and reflect, I always feel better.
ReplyDeleteI like your twos! Will Griff stay in scouts next year? Go Wyatt! Keep posting many many pictures and posts.
ReplyDelete