Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Willa took a quiz that identified her strengths this week.  I loved her strengths!  They reminded me of the very good things about Willa and the line of women she comes from. It cracked me up that at the bottom of her list of strengths were also things that reminded me of her and the line of women she comes from. Not that they are weaknesses, just strengths we might want to work on more. Self-regulation, for instance. If you'll look at the things that make me grumpy, most of them are things that also make babies grumpy. You'd think I'd have fewer excuses and times to be grumpy, being a grown-up and all.  Gotta work on that strength!

Things that make Griffin happy:
-camping
-wrestling
-buying stuff
-imagining

Things that make Griffin grumpy:
-when people call him weird
-being hungry
-disappointment

This week, Griff started wrestling camp. It made him nervous to start, but made him glow by the end.  He also got to go to Target and ended up playing his soccer game on the wrong team and we didn't even figure it out until the next day!

Thank you, anonymous Halloween treat donor!

Things that make Evie happy:
-Girl scouts
-soccer
-candy and snacks
-humming
-friends

Things that make Eve grumpy:
-when people push her out of line
-being hungry
-when people catch her trying to ring and run

Eve started girl scouts this week and loved it! She was one of three girls who got chosen to get a prize for being good--bat headbands! We also left secret Halloween treats for some friends and it broke her heart that they opened the door and saw what we had left before she even made it back to the van.



Things that make Wyatt happy:
-really good food
-plans in place
-a schedule
-time to himself

Things that make Wyatt grumpy:
-plans being sprung on him without plenty of warning
-being hungry

Wyatt had a good birthday week and saved my schedule several times. He is the best about dropping Griff off for soccer practice when I'm picking Evie up from gymnastics and babysitting so I can go to book club and stake women's conference. And ward council and choir practice.

First frost happened Friday night--right before we went to the wrong soccer game.
Things that make Alan happy:
-really intense exercise
-being outside
-really great ablations
-really good food

Things that make Alan grumpy:
-people disrespecting his time
-not getting enough physical activity

Alan got to have a weekend in Vegas with his brothers doing various hikes and bike rides and eating really awesome breakfasts at Peg's Eggs. 


Things that make me happy:
-naps
-really good food
-time with people I love
-beautiful things. Words, nature, music, art
-teaching aqua aerobics
-feeling God's love

Things that make me grumpy:
-being tired
-being hungry
-sewing

My favorite things this week were hanging with Wyatt, my book club ladies, my aqua classes,  and Griff and Eve, High Fitness, Women's Conference and church, lots of phone calls with my daughters who live away from me, and several much-needed naps.



Comments

  1. This was a fun way to learn more about everyone in your family. I had to giggle over Wyatt being grumpy about plans being sprung on him. I live with some people like that! So fun to see these qualities play out and make amazing people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to learn more about my family too! And I can't believe Eve gets to do girl scouts. I would have LOVED to do girl scouts back in the day lol. This also makes me think about the things that make me happy and the things that make me grumpy, and I had the same thoughts as you -- maybe if I wasn't such a baby, I wouldn't be grumpy almost ever, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Griff playing on the wrong soccer team and not realizing it was the funniest moment of the week. I'll just that he played with all his heart. That boy has intensity. I'm so glad Eve got her bat headband. She looks great in it. I do so like your list of things that makes you happy. You, my dear, make me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment