Heavenly Father Loves Me

Sometimes you look at the sky and it looks like a love letter from God. This week Griff and I got to see this while Evie was in gymnastics.


This cute cat and her sister are having a great time clearing our yard of varmints--especially UV. Fenty is done after just a few minutes outside, but UV spends hours and hours out there, mostly when I figure the traffic on Roe won't be too bad.


Evidence of the success of the feline predator program: marigolds that are growing instead of being eaten!


Another piece of fun evidence of God's love for me:  good friends when I have lost too many. I went on a book group retreat this weekend to Bentonville, AR with six fun and very good women who love to read.  You'd think that the only things there would be Wal-Mart warehouses and memorabilia, and you'd only be partially right.  There are so many cool things there!

The book ladies: Holley, Patty, Dee, Karin, Charlotte, Me and Jessica in front of the original Walton's 5-10.
We biked to Crystal Bridges Museum and saw the new Color Field exhibit featuring large scale sculptures with great color.

A Chihuly sunshine in the woods
Then we went inside and saw a completely different collection than I saw the last time I was there.



Infinity mirrored room. So cool! These balls slowly changed colors. Only two people were allowed in at a time.



The ladies L-R: Patty is a gardening retired elementary teacher RS president. Jessica is a yoga teaching doula who has chickens and dogs in the country. Charlotte is a mom/writer in the thick of it trying to come up with a new career idea. Dee is an avid canoe paddler and professional dog walker who has been to YW camp almost 30 times as a leader. She is also Jessica's mom. Karin is Wyatt's seminary teacher, our book club chief, and soon to be mother of the groom.  Holley is trained as a marine biologist but has had an astounding array of jobs besides mom at home who grows buckets of her own berries and shares them with us.

The fact that these pictures exist is also evidence that my friend Denise, my other friend Denise, my son Wyatt and my husband Alan love me enough to take care of G and E and all the stuff at home so I could be away for a couple of days.

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling happy and loved. I'm so jealous of your Bentonville trip-- especially going to Crystal Bridges! I love museums that rotate their collections like that. And so! freaking! cool! that you got to see a Yayoi Kusama installation in person! That's a dream! I love you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah9:59 PM

    Who would have guessed Bentonville is so cool! Also those kitties tho 😍 I just love them. So proud of them for doing their part and being so good. As if they know haha. Sounds like a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sunset! It’s so great when animals pitch in and make themselves useful and you get more flowers as a double bonus! What a fun get away! All your stops sound so great especially that museum exhibit. I am so happy new friends are coming in to your life and kind of filling the gaps from friends that have gone away. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely trip. Those ladies sounds like people who would take good care of my sister. Therefore, I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you describe your cool experiences, and I think you have a good sense of what's worth thinking is cool! Bentonville sounds like it was so much fun, Fenty looks regal, and Kansas sunsets are the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Another look into your busy life Heather! It looks like your fun book club is also a group of fun friends.. is Chihuahua the one who did the ceiling of the lobby in one of the hotels in Las Vegas? I remember visiting /viewing it with my brother and his wife when they visited us in Las Vegas... my sister in law..an artist herself was so excited to see his work live..have me tell you my fun story of my goof with my artist sister in law next time we are together! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sculpture was so delightful! Almost as delightful as the sunset. Your comment about the sunset reminded me of Mom. Oh, how I miss her, but I'm so glad to have you and your connection with her too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment