This is from my friend Randy Richardson's Facebook post:
We are on a pilgrimage in Mexico to visit historic Richardson family sites in colonia Juárez. As we were driving, our tour guide pointed to a bush on the side of a hill and said there are two graves at the base of that bush with the last names of Millet and Nielson. Not knowing if it was a relative but that my grandmother was a Millet, I asked him to let us out to hike to the spot. They left three of us there to make the hike. We hiked over ditches and by horses until we reached the bush and unexpectedly found the gravesite of my great great grandfather Alma Millet sr! It was a beautiful unexpected gift as none of the Millet family lived here. Apparently Alma Millet sr was sent by the leaders of the church with a letter to the settlers in the colonies. He encountered some harsh weather and caught pneumonia and died hundreds of miles from his home and family. Some say that miracles have ceased but this felt like a miracle to me.
I asked him who the Nielson grave was for and he sent me back this picture:
I thought it was cool that my friend's miracle could be mine too. Incidentally, I knew Randy in San Antonio, Texas and found that we were related too when I saw a John Bushman family history on his bookshelves.


Wow. That's amazing! I'd like GPS coordinates for the photos. Think he'd send them?
ReplyDeleteWow. What a coincidence! That's neat to see our Grandfather's grave in your friend's post. His death is a sad story.
ReplyDeleteThat is so great! What a great story from your friend. Does anyone in your family have a picture of your grandfather’s grave/headstone?
ReplyDeleteHeather, what a neat story! When unexpected things like that happen, we treasure our own little miracles...what your father in law worked so hard to discredit by calling them coincidences...xo momw
ReplyDelete