We Will Love You Till We Die

One of the fun things I did in Utah was go to my 30 year high school reunion. Eliza went as my date, which was great for me because she is so much fun to hang out with and she willingly took pictures. I had a fun time and caught up with some people I really like. You have no control over who shows up though. Some people I really love didn't come.  A lot of them!

All these people are roughly the same age, which is a fun thing to see. 40 something of us out of 400 something is a small cross-section of what it looks like to be 40 something. Okay. 48. We are all 48.

Melanie Burgoyne Miller (yay!), me, Michelle Beck Harris and Tim Hawkes. Fun stuff.
Then I had a mini reunion of my own. I saw Jennifer Nielson Scott one day and then had Nicole and Laura over for lunch. My kids just loved messing around with Laura's kids. Nicole's kids are all pretty much grown (her youngest is Wyatt's age) and didn't come. 30 years since we lived together in Carroll Hall. And Laura still has the same fun sense of humor and cute giggle that I have always loved since we were 11.





Comments

  1. It's incredible how much Laura still looks like her mom. How I wish I could have also been in the room. When we were on the phone you didn't mention that Steve hatch was at 3 the reunion. I think that's important for a student body president. He looks great. I did identify Phil in the top corner, but most of the guys there was no way. I found you, though. At least I've seen you recently so that was easy. What a great report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a cool thing I got to do with you! My favorite part was seeing how much everyone loved you, and how much everyone really wanted me to know how kind and good and smart you were in high school. I hope to be the kind of person who deserves such compliments 30 years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I just assumed that you didn't post this much! Boy howdy I was wrong. What a fun surprise to see another GREAT report.

    I was super proud of myself for recognizing the following in the picture: Heather Nielson (of course!) Melanie Burgoyne, Mindy Bradshaw, Phil Jensen, and Steven Hatch. There was a short woman standing right behind you who had a familiar tilt of the head, but I didn't remember her name. Was she a Cavette with you? Who was the blonde sitting next to you?

    I loved the picture of the Freshman roommates. I can't see Laura's face without having great feelings wash over me. Pretty impressive for someone who wasn't really friends with her! She's just that great of a person.

    My other favorite thing about this post is when you admitted that every alumni at your 30 year reunion was 48. You're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess on the blonde is Leslie Wootton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KJ/ Mindy wasn’t there! I’m sitting by Angie Merrill. The girl behind me with the head tilted is Keri Woodger, who I always thought was cute in a similar way to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment