High Adventure

Alan and Wyatt came home happy from their week of canoeing and adventuring in the north off the grid. I offered to let Wyatt guest post for me to tell about the week and he declined.

Here are the highlights of what I remember (keeping in mind I wasn't there).

-They canoed farther this year. Twelve miles to their campsite this year.
-Rick Held caught them fish, cleaned and filleted it, and cooked it up for dinner each night.
-They didn't know they would actually need four adults and two of them volunteered to come after the plans were made. Details they didn't know to orchestrate were taken care of in a way that made Alan feel like he was being blessed in the Lord's work.
-The younger boys worked harder than they thought they could and learned not to complain.
-The devotionals were taken from Come Follow Me about Paul's missionary experiences. Alan told the boys twice that many of them would serve missions--and perhaps even all of them. He felt like they all needed to hear that possibility and know it was a choice they could make.

Ready to go from the outfitters.




Alan explaining the route to Griff when he got home.

Comments

  1. And the wrist brace? Do we get details? Scenery photos are amazing. I hope Wyatt had fun. I also hope Alan had fun even though he was in charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 miles of canoeing? Wow that's hard core - especially for the younger boys I'm sure.

    It sounds like it was a successful high adventure and the pictures were breathtaking!

    I too was noticing Alan's wrist brace. How is the healing coming along? He's a great bishop and even better father. Love the last picture of your men - grown and small together. So so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool thing they got to do! I also really liked the last picture with dad and wyatt and griff all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like definite high adventure! And beautiful! I love the pictures and like everyone else the last one of your guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment