Golden State

Alan and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary by taking a quick trip to California to visit Mac and Mariah and also have a dinner date overlooking the beach just by ourselves. Willa was here to babysit the littles (and Wyatt, who doesn't need a babysitter). It was wonderful!  I loved seeing Mac and Mariah in their new place! They are doing great.

This is Mariah's new street--a beautiful walkway with no cars allowed showing a straight shot to the beach.
 We hung out forever on the beach with them on a perfect Saturday!








On Sunday we went to church with them and got to be there for Mac's first gospel doctrine lesson in their new ward. He did a really good job of inviting the spirit and comments. Then we had a little lunch together and drove up the beautiful coast to Malibu.

You can tell it's us because this is our pose.

You can tell it's them because they are so glamorous.



We had some street tacos for dinner and watched Mariah give Mac a sunset haircut on the roof of their apartment in perfect lighting.



Before we left Monday morning we had time for renting e-bikes and riding the path along the beach from Muscle Beach in Venice going north quite a bit past the Santa Monica pier. Miles and miles. It was so much fun! 



Comments

  1. Anonymous11:16 AM

    The perfect anniversary!


    Kathleen Wimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Your pics were a story in themselves! I almost could smell the water..they are so close! And I loved your sharing it with me on your drive home from the airport...I am so lucky to have all of you in my life😍 xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. eliza7:09 PM

    I love this and I love you guys! You look so happy and sunny (and young for people who have been married for so long :) :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the pictures were such a treat!! You are so beautiful, Heather! I can't believe how long Mariah's hair is getting. You are a family of wonderful hair growers. She and Mac are the cutest "dinks" ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:47 AM

    Dear Heather,

    Thank you for your beautiful blogs. I fondly remember our travel days
    like you are now doing. It's an interesting and exciting part of
    mortality. My love to you and yours.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mariah looks like a comic book hero. She also looks like you, so you must look like a comic book hero, if that logic is okay with you. The sunsets were amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:54 AM

    This looks absolutely perfect. ❤️❤️

    Angi W. Larsen
    "Dance with the BEST at Utah Dance Fest!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment