Good Times 2019

 Alternate titles considered for this post:

-Eve and Friends
-Made it Back--Barely
-Missing the Obvious Photo Ops

The Wimmer Reunion brought us ALL to Utah, which is just the best. The favorite part of everything we did was being with our people.  And eating Mexican food.

Wednesday: Arrive. Eat Mexican food first thing. Hang with Willa.



Thursday: Lagoon with so many Wimmers! So much fun!
Friday:  Adult lunch at Herms. Kids playing with cousins. Hanging with Libby. Shaved Ice.

Angi probably took this pic. It's too good to be mine.


Saturday: Wimmer v. Larsen hoops. Newsies. Reunion at Willow Park.

Bonus points if you can find and name the special guest to the game.

I am SO bad at sports photography. 



I definitely didn't get this one. But I love the little photo bomber.



These gorgeous babes are my grandnieces. Elli, Jade and Carmen
 Sunday: Logan cemetery and church. Pulled pork and visiting at the condo with our kids. (Side note for my dad: The first speaker in sacrament meeting was Penelope Allen, a distant cousin and descendant of Andrew Lee Allen through Charles Hopkins' older brother Elijah. She spoke about our common pioneer ancestor.)



When I'm 88 I want to be just like JoAnn Wimmer. APW sporting splint and broken wrist. Karen being wonderful.

Monday: BYU stuff with Eliza, Evan, Grandpa and Marj. Alpine cemetery. APW to airport.



Tuesday: Avenues yoga. Lizzy Luna yoga. Idyllic visiting with Deans in Midway.


Wednesday: Mostly a lot of cleaning up vomit. Made it to Bountiful to see the Longs and also home. It was a messy adventure.

The longer you have a camera in front of them the more Willa poses and the more Wyatt looks pained.

My sidekicks were feeling low.

Comments

  1. Here's what I think is hilarious. There's one photo that looks like Mac, just Mac and a bunch of people I happen to know. He's just so beautifully centered with bookends all around. That photo of Willa with Wyatt is one of the best I've seen of her. She just so gorgeous. I love your vomit stories and your yoga stories and you're basketball stories. You never did tell the story about how Alan broke his wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan broke his wrist at the Wimmer v. Larsen basketball game. He went down when he was blocking Jordan and caught himself with his right hand. Luckily, he can still do all the stuff he needs to at work and just has to wear a brace for 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eliza6:14 PM

    Come back, I miss you! And I'm so pleased with how many good pictures you took on this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to get the download of your trip to Utah! What (mostly) fun adventures you had. The vomit part doesn't sound like fun. I love to see how each picture shows exactly how Griffin and Eve are feeling. The first family picture where both were being held up by family members was a slice of real life.

    Your Willa has always been so photogenic. It doesn't matter if she is posing or not. Wyatt just needs to give modeling a better try :)

    You are brave and smart and strong. Everything your mother raised you to be. I can't tell you how much I admire you having these two little ones with everyone else all grown up practically. That's hard and worthy work. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment