Ending the Year and Bugging Out

Part 1: Kindergarten Graduation

Eve and Griff had the cutest graduation ceremony ever this week. They wore hats and marched down a red carpet, got certificates and recited adorable poems. Then they had ice cream and we left school early. It was adorable and perfect.




Their darling teacher Mrs. Weigel. Notice her perfected sorority squat.



Part Two: Colorado with my middles.

As soon as we got home from school that last day, Wyatt and I hopped in the van and headed for Denver. We got there in time to sleep and then pick up Willa at the airport first thing in the morning. We ate breakfast and drove to Golden, home of the Coors company, a bunch of Colorado gold rush memorabilia, and most importantly, Colorado School of Mines.
Silly picture, but I just like these kids!

Ready for our tour!
Mines is a small very science/engineering oriented school in a beautiful setting. We had fun checking it out. Wyatt could do very well there. After our tour we ate some fabulous Mexican food at El Dorado and drove back. We ate some dinner and watched Avengers End Game, which was fun and long and satisfying.


No commitment yet, but he did buy the shirt.
The next day we hugged Willa goodbye and drove and drove and drove home. We had to get back for church and for summer to start.


Comments

  1. Kindergarten graduation!! It looked and sounded like it was just delightful. What a cute teacher they had this year. I loved the shirts!

    You got some really good pictures of your middles! Sure love them both. Willa is turning into Rapunzel. That girl grows some amazing locks. And Wyatt has his own impressive mane. You and Alan make children with amazing hair...and that's something to really be proud of. I guess you might be more proud of it if there weren't other things to be proud of your kids for like their stellar personalities and amazing brains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eliza9:15 PM

    What a fun week! Griffin and Eve's graduation was cute and funny, just like them. And how fun to go on a little trip with Willa and Wyatt. It took them a long time, but they've finally settled into enjoying their positions as designated family buddies with each other. I wish I could come be with you for all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Eliza’s very accurate comment about Willa and Wyatt accepting their roles as a set in our family. So true. They’re such good friends now. Also I looked at your birthday post and you’re the best looking 48 year old I know! I’ll be lucky if I look as good as you when I’m 48

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sorority squat can be perfected? First, it never occurred to me that there was any such thing. Now I find myself overwhelmed with a desire to perfect it. Have you practiced much?

    Please tell Wyatt he's beautiful and Willa that she's brilliant in all things technical. Watch the looks of confusion on their faces.

    You are not only beautiful, but brilliant in way more than just technical things. It makes sense you'd be in charge of all this wonderfulness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment