I have this old picture of 6 year old Wyatt out right now, and I was struck with how much my boys look alike at this age. They are different souls though. Griffin likes to captivate a crowd. He says he has stage fright, but when it comes right down to it, we are still teaching him to let other people talk when we have people over for dinner like we did tonight. And then when it was time for people to go home I found him on top of a car on the driveway wearing ninja pants, with the ninja shirt as a headdress and a bare chest. He was dancing. That never happened with Wyatt.
I found this picture in Evie's backpack this week. It is her, Ryne (their buddy in their class) and Griff being mer-people on a heart in the ocean. I loved it.
We also had the dance recital, which is her favorite part of dance. This is her dance class. Such cute little kindergarten girls!
![]() |
| Natalie and Eve. Natalie's mom has become a good friend of mine through two years of visiting at dance. |
After the recital she needed flowers (which we got but left home) and her picture taken.
And she also wanted a treat. We went to Hurts Donuts.
And now I just need to share the videos of her dances with you because I love them and think she is so adorable. For my dad and Alan's mom, just click on these words right here and it will take you to my blog where you can watch the videos. Evie is on the far right end.





Having a puffy skirt and a star on your tummy is kinda the point of being five, when you're a girl. Being shirtless and ninja-ready is about the point when you're six and a boy, right? I adore this update. It's great for my viewing pleasure.
ReplyDeleteGriffin is a wild ride! What a fun little boy you have to entertain you. I thought that Evie was especially easy to spot - you just look for the skinniest little toothpick legs and the darling little grin. She is such an adorable little cowgirl! I'm just a little bit jealous that you get to go to kindergarten-aged dance concerts. So precious!!
ReplyDeleteThese last few weeks of school with all that entails are brutal! Can't wait for summer!!
I love those two! And I love how different they are. Eve is just SO intense about being happy in pictures, but Griff inherited the Wimmer man anti-photo gene.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness tell Evie Aunt Angi LOVED her dancing!!!
ReplyDeleteAngi W. Larsen
"Dance with the BEST at Utah Dance Fest!"
www.utahdancefest.com
Sent from my iPhone