Not Everything is a Mega Kite Fest

I didn't report on the fun things we did last weekend. We went to a mega kite fest, which had lots of HUGE kites, and even more regular kites. It was wonderful! But you know, only for so long.



Posing with the required socks for the bounce house.

 Then we had an Easter egg hunt in the springy back yard which involved a fall into our water feature.

Then we did a bunch of regular stuff this week. 

-I went shopping for shoes "with Eliza" one night
-I'm trying to decide which rug will be best for our family room
-We donated our donation pile to friends who need funds to adopt two kids
-New barstools came
-We got our rain gutter fixed
-We broke down and went to the Briarwood progressive dinner. It had a lot of drinking. The "dessert house" was a euphemism for "alcohol house", so we left quickly. But we did meet some fun friends. 
-I finished reading Educated and started reading The Vegetarian.
-I planted flowers after a consultation with my favorite landscape designer (thanks M'Li!)




Also, Wyatt was there pretty much the whole time. And, as you know, he got his ACT scores this week.  Perfect. THAT, my friends, was pretty much a Mega Kite Fest.

Comments

  1. Wyatt is a secretive genius. What a lucky woman I am to catch an occasional glimpse PDF him on your blog.

    Yay for bar stools and rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that when Griff came crying from falling in the pond, you snapped a picture of him. You'll always be glad you did that. So adorable and sweet and sad.

    Lovin' the socks for the bouncy house! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eliza5:31 PM

    I love all these people! The kids look so grown up, and you guys look like you had so much fun these weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment