Bright and Shining

This week there was an obvious best thing--Mariah and Eliza came to visit!  It was a bright and shining moment in our lives!

Here are a couple of funny pictures as prelude:

1. Before gymnastics, as they were waiting for the coach to come, Isaac came in and immediately started bugging Griff and getting in his face and space. The first thing he did was use both index fingers to plug each side of Griffin's nose. Then he just wouldn't stop touching and bugging him. It went on so long I decided to take pictures.
2. Eve and Griff's best friend Ryne came to play. He has an awesome bike helmet.





Then Thursday night Mariah and Eliza came in the middle of the night! I had a hard time letting them sleep long enough on Friday morning I was so keyed up to be with them.  Here are our favorite parts of their trip:

Me: a day with my girls to myself. Mariah did my hair, we went to lunch and snuggled puppies because I love how much they love dogs, and we had a quick trip to TJ Maxx and a nap. And then I got to bring them to church with me today. That is a definite favorite.


Evie: Mariah did her makeup and hair and nails. It was wonderful!


Griff: Mariah and Eliza took him and Evie to Target!!! His favorite place!
Wyatt: He loved hanging out with them after everyone else went to bed and also eating some Joe's KC BBQ.

Alan: some yard work for old time's sake, and some time with them to himself when he drove them to the airport this afternoon.


The backdrop to this is that spring is happening!  All this took place with our world turning pretty again.

Warm enough to stand by the pond together barefoot!

Violets! Daffodils! Purple leaf plum blossoms!


Green grass! Redbuds! Cherry blossoms! More daffodils! Trees budding out too!


Comments

  1. I love how in Spring everybody takes pictures of flowers. Trips to the pet store are a great way to spend family time. I'm going to remember this. Also, Wyatt is looking studly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! What a fun time with your oldest girlies all grown. It's so easy to see you in your girls and I love that. I thought that one of the pictures was Willa for just a minute and then realized that she wasn't there (right?)

    Your spring pictures are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved coming home, and I am surprised you got so man pictures to prove it happened! Kansas is so pretty at this time of year, and it's been so long since we've been home when it isn't snowing or grossly wet and hot. My favorite parts of being home this time were going to church with you, getting to see Griff and Eve act more like big kids, and eating that Joe's. I always forget how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful treat to add to the spring bloom! I love that you love how much they love dogs even if you don’t so much. It’s was neat to hear how everyone go to be with them in a fitting way for that person! You have such a cool family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment