1. I got a job. I took a picture of this bench on the way to drop off my new, correctly-named, social security card at the City of Overland Park. (The bench was sculpted by my friend Amy Jacobsen. ) The job is teaching water aerobics (3 classes) all on Wednesday mornings. The first day was this week and it went well--better the longer it went. And I had a great time, which is the main point of doing this, after all.
2. We had two snow days PLUS a snow day from church. We are going a little crazy, but that's what happens when the jet stream brings you three inches of freezing rain that ends up making parking lots into ice rinks. Wish we had skates!
3. Eve and Griff had one of their last days of basketball this season. We have been gone a lot for snow cancellations and trips, so it hasn't been a super successful season, as far as learning basketball goes. Eve cries because she isn't very good, and then joins us in the bleachers as we watch her cute little team "play" 3 on 3.
4. We had an awesome pre-Valentine's, Valentine's date. We ate seafood at The Bristol, and did a bit of shopping. These are some rugs I am considering to replace the red one I am so very, very tired of.
| We forgot to take a picture! Quick, let's do a selfie. Shoot, we always look the same in selfies. |
| I know--you sit on MY lap this time. We will look different that way. |
6.5. Wyatt is awesome. He makes amazing blondies and puerco pibil and babysits in a pinch.
I can't believe all that ice!! Sounds like you've got to see a little bit more of Alan because of it though! I like your selfies of you and Alan. You are much better at it than I am. Love the reports on Wyatt. He's always been good news. Hugs to you and your cute kiddos!
ReplyDeleteI like the cream rug! The colorful one is fun but I think you'd end up getting too tired of it like the red and gold one you have now. Plus it's chic right now to do a lot of neutrals, and a plain rug is sure to match if/when you get new couches. Eve's legs make her look like a really cute insect. And I like how many selfies you and dad got! You have to capitalize on moments when you both look so glam (does dad look glam? Can dad look glam?). I hope your ice melts ASAP so you can start being happy and warm. Warmth and happiness are causally linked, according to one case study (of me). And I think we are the same. I have a great idea, and it's that you come to visit Utah all by yourself soon! LOVE you mama <3
ReplyDeleteYour commentary on taking selfies was so funny. It was my chance to laugh aloud in the middle of a big silence. Also your twins in the doorway with all of their dangling and serious looks, they are just so amazing. The whole world is their gymnastics area. Tell your aerobics ladies that I'm very impressed the get out of the house in the middle of the snow and rain and sleet and terrible Midwest weather. I'm so happy you like that job. I may have told you on the phone, but calcium helps when your depleting your resources such as with three hours of workouts.
ReplyDelete