 |
| One less tooth for his crazy mouth--lost the Friday before we came while Willa was babysitting. Photographed in Utah with her new camera she got for Christmas. |
The new year started and we flew to Utah to meet it. I'm not usually one to go all in for New Year's, but this one felt fresh and great--possibly because we had access to a dishwasher and oven! Here are some things I don't want to forget about this week:
- Being ready to leave the SLC airport after arriving and finding Eve on the floor behind us calmly feeding her baby doll.

- Cold, cold skiing at Sundance with Wilkinson cousins and Uncle Dick. Eve and Izzy had the best time racing each other straight down the mountain in a wide pizza wedge. Wyatt loved talking to Britt and Dick on the lift. And Griff was rescued by his dad after falling off a small cliff. And Eliza and Willa made us a delicious dinner at the end.
- Perfect, idyllic skiing at Brighton with everyone else in the West. Griff and Eve did a half day of ski school and then joined us on some greens and easier blues! And Dick came again too. It was fun to see his grace on the slopes that matched Alan's. They look especially like brothers when they ski.
- Erranding all over northern Utah county to fund a new living trust with my dad and M'Li and Eliza. The best part was pausing to see my dad's new man cave Marj lovingly made for him and eating lunch with all of them plus my adored Aunt Janene and Uncle Larry.
- Freshening my hair and nails at Jel with my favorite stylist Mariah. She is so good!
- Riding the train back to SLC with my Willa. She makes life fun.
- Coming back to the condo to find Grandma Wimmer on the couch snuggling and watching Netflix with Griff and Eve. We also got to hang out and swim together for a whole day. I just love her to pieces.
- Dinner with half of the Wimmers to celebrate Jordan and McKenna's wedding a week late. They were so good to come right after they got back from their Hawaiian honeymoon!
 |
| Kathy did a great job putting our fun dinner together! |
- Playing Chameleon and Taboo with just our original nuclear family. We love word games together! But I did miss Mac and Evan.
- Church on a snowy Sunday in our awesome SLC ward.
- Some thrilling celebrity sightings: Tan France at the grocery store and Jeffrey R. Holland presiding in his home ward. (I never really thought about him having to do that.) Also Bonnie Oscarson taught Sunday School. Not too shabby at all! It's the first time in a long time I've wanted to take notes in Sunday School. And she is great, but let's face it, it's the spirit and the gospel that are really, really great.
 |
| Eve was a great dice roller and card setup girl for us. |
 |
| "Look how pretty my hair is thanks to Me-riah!"--Willa |
 |
| Eve teaching Grandma how to take pictures with her iPad--and delete them. |
 |
| Alan Wimmer relaxing in the background! |
 |
| Sorry, Wyatt. We had to. |
 |
| Made it home by the midnight before school started! |
I love all the pictures! I think they show people how they really are and they show what it's really like to hang out with our family for a while. And I think you write beautifully. Can't wait for you guys to come back!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures were so wonderful. I especially loved the joyous missing-toothed Griffin grin. What a wonderful trip to Utah. So full of all the very best things! I wonder what Tan France was doing in Utah?? Skiing? So great.
ReplyDeleteKirsta- Tan lives in SLC with his husband. He was raised Muslim and his husband was raised LDS and they like the lifestyle there. Info courtesy of Eliza, who follows all the guys from QE on Instagram.
ReplyDeleteI'll admit I've never heard of Tan France or QE.
ReplyDeleteThe ski trip sounds fun. I'm glad your kids all know how to do that.
This time around, you were in firm control of the camera -- or you deleted anything taken by your youngest kids. I'll wait patiently to see a photo of HFW again.
What fun! Love the pictures though I agree with Paige. It is always nice to see you on your blog too!
ReplyDeleteJanene was so thrilled to get to see you guys, she had been expecting M’Li only. So glad you guys had a good time and made it back safe!
You have a beautiful family. I am glad I got to see you while you were here.
ReplyDelete