Only three things this week:
1. Kids. They are the biggest part of my life. Even the sisters in Utah.
Griffin, at age 5 and 11/12, is smart, strong, energetic, passionate, and fun. He likes research about aliens and space, live action movies at the theater (like Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther and Pirates of the Caribbean, which he hasn't seen any of), and any screen time. He says his favorite parts of school are art and PE and lunch and library, because he is always hungry. His best friends at the moment are the Frandsen boys--Meyer and his older brothers. He likes Harry Potter (Alan is reading it slowly to them at bedtime) and mystery podcasts (no idea how he even knows about these), and he likes how worms seem to never die. They are infinite. One day last month he asked me, "Mom, shall we try the big open-mouthed kiss?"
| I can't remember if these pictures were taken before or after a great-grandmother complimented their restaurant behavior. |
Evie is loving, sweet, graceful, funny, loud when needed, and super sneaky. In addition to getting into things, she likes books about cute things, puppies, babies, cats, and pretty things like makeup. She is scared of our neighbor's dog Freckles, but loves their cat Oliver and their old dog Missy, who is too old and tired to bark. Her favorite friends right now are Isa, Tessa and Chloe. One day this week, Eve's high was organizing her room with me. She is very, very social. My art teacher, Ken Sheldon, loves that Eve has decided he is her friend and goes up to him and gets in his face, nose to nose and talks to him without awkwardness or pretense.
When people ask about my girls in Utah I tell them they are doing great! Eliza sounds SO happy to be back in school. Mariah sounds great and is building her clientele and being blessed. And Willa is doing amazingly well in school and has found a medication that helps her instead of hurts her. First time ever. And I only ever hear good things about Mac and Evan. It contributes to my overall feeling that they are just wonderful in every way.
2. New Life. My friend Alex had a baby boy this week! I got to hang out with her the day before and the day after. When a new person comes to the world, things pause for a bit and you get to really reflect and appreciate that miracle. Holding sweet little Charlie before he was even a whole day old was such a sweet gift! I got a picture but will wait to post it until his cute mama feels ready to have his image released.
| My watercolor sketch for Wednesday. Hanging out with the Steele girls before Charlie came. |
3. Regular stuff. It's November and the weather took a turn for the colder. I worked on painting faces and finishing my Steinbeck book for book club. I helped at a ministerial alliance breakfast. My house got the electrical rough in and insulation finished but not much else. I exercised and went on a temple date with my true love. I read more of the Book of Mormon and loved it. I'm into Alma now, on track to finish easily by the end of the year. I went to two public affairs meetings and arranged for publicity for a fireside. We did some yard work. I ate at Waldo Pizza with my kids and husband, followed by dessert at Laura Littles and watched Charlie and the Chocolate factory with the batch of kids born after it was made. Life is good.
| Fall colors frosted with winter ones. |
| Evie's response to me asking her to get dressed this morning: frog on a driveway. |
The watercolors are so pleasing. Makes me want to give that a try again. Does Wyatt secretly evaluate the strengths of attractive girls and avoid interaction?
ReplyDeleteI love your 3 things. I really appreciate the pictures of your cute kids being goofy at the restaurant and notes on how the ones not pictured are. I agree that new babies are such a treat and so are mom friends that share them.
ReplyDeleteIt’s great to hear about all your good normal happenings. What Steinbeck book did you read?
Heather, thank you for giving me one of your fun posts to enjoy and start my day off with a smile😊 I didn’t know you were involved in water color! I love knowing and sharing it...I used to get in lively discussions with her as to whether everyone is capable in the art area..I think it was more a difference of definition of being able to... it is COLD here in jolly Logan...at the moment about 16 degrees❄️☃️. No snow yet thank goodness! Xo momw
ReplyDeleteI'm just a bit jealous that you get definite seasons. Snow! The glory of it! I'm sure it would rock my world and I would reveal myself for the wuss I am if I were to actually experience all seasons regularly, but the pictures are so delightful. Thank you for sharing your seasons with me :)
ReplyDelete