Thou Silver Moon

This week we did fall right. We took Eve and Griff to the cider mill/corn maze place for FHE. (Wyatt had too much to do.) Ironically, the best part was the playground, even though the donuts and cider were spectacular. On the way home, the moon was rising in the East as the sun was setting in the West and we were driving north right between them. When we turned East, we had the most beautiful view, with the moonrise reflecting the brighter colors of the sunset. I took this picture so I could paint it. And I did, but I like the photo better, even though my painting teacher declared my watercolor as brilliant. He is very kind.

                                            

Here is another picture I took to copy in watercolor, but did badly. It was on a walk with my dear friend Laura N, who I walk with once every year or so.  It's wonderful when we do get together though.


Other fun activities of the week:

-a baby shower for friends who just adopted the sweetest baby boy from the birth mom of their four year old daughter. And a ride home with my dear friend Alex.
- helping Amanda clean up her apartment and having her meet us at the ward party, where she agreed to take an old TV off of our hands.
- going with Arlene to the temple. It was her first endowment session in about 20 years.
- an excellent date with Alan: Q39 for dinner, voting early, and watching a movie at the Glenwood: "The Old Man With a Gun." Recommended!

Here are some bad pictures of an excellent ward Trunk or Treat. I wasn't in charge, so it felt easy(ish) to get the kids in costumes, put on too much makeup, make and bring chili and a salad, decorate a door, pass out sodas at our door, and help clean up. The costume parade they did like a fashion show, with an MC announcing each person as they went across the stage. Evie's friend Rose was a tiny model as she displayed her cat costume.  I will forever remember her strut.


By our door--which was to the member custodial closet. I hope my sisters appreciate a picture of me. I look dorky.

The official pose of the Fortune Teller

Eve is a pro poser.

We tried so hard to get my two to pose with Sam. So hard!







And I got a new floor for my new kitchen, sold my appliances, and cleaned up so many messes.

I'm getting excited for the new!
Here are the things I want to remember from my reading this week:

Book of Mormon: Reading the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi in the temple is amazing! I didn't really understand any more than I usually do, but the spirit was so thick you could have cut it with a butter knife.  And reading Jacob 5 (the allegory of the olive trees) is so very different when you look at it from the perspective of the Lord of the vineyard--what he is doing, how he does it, and who he is.
Time to Parent: It's hard to raise a human at the same time you're trying to be a human. You have to take time for both. Parenting requires providing, arranging, relating and teaching, only half of which are visible to your kids. Being a human requires sleep, exercise, love and fun, which are completely unappreciated by your kids. (Except that my kids actually provide a good share of my love and fun--especially the big ones.)

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Heather, it felt so good to have a glimpse into your busy life... I have missed it! I didn’t know that you painted... how did I miss that? And the pics of your new kitchen helped me “see” some of what is happening..even though you had told me. I have been yard working and get disappointed when I have to stop what I am doing...not that it is done but that my energy is gone😬. I am slowly working on my new stretch exercises... so far I am doing 3 of them each noon time. Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures and really appreciate the one of you. I feel dorky in most of my pictures, so I relate.
    The scene you took a picture of and painted with words and paint is beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing your happenings. I am excited for your remodel progress. I really appreciate your time to parent thoughts. I think you perfectly said what I have been feeling lately. I love your posts and thoughts and you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pert little witch with hearts on her hands and cheek was oh so sweet. Griffin. Wow, intensity. That's all over his pictures. I'm so glad you still savor things like dates with Alan and beautiful things on the ground or in the sky. Someone has to do the savoring, and I'm glad you just step to volunteer. What a great week you report.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment