Dancing Through Life


I kept thinking I would be able to find a picture of Kirsta dancing with me at Mariah's wedding, clear back when she was merely 43.  Alas, this is as close as I got.  Isn't she pretty though?

Today my baby sister turned 44. I remember when she was born. I remember how she thought my mama was HER mama and didn't want to share. I remember what fun we had dancing together through our teen years.  I remember her crying and crying when I got married. I remember dancing in her Hopak costume at an Elementary school in AF with her folk dance team.  I remember her being a playmate to Mariah and Eliza who were shocked that she was old enough to use scissors by herself. I remember her babysitting my three little girls when her own little girl was a newborn. I remember her letting me hold and love all of her babies. I remember so many things and now I remember her as a high school teacher loving her Spanish students in Las Vegas.

"What a strange thing that life can end up changing--
When you're dancing through!"
(from Wicked, the musical)

Happy birthday to my beloved sister.  You're one of the best dancing buddies ever.

Comments

  1. Ahhh yes. This woman is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Heather, how special the love you share with your very special baby sister! She has always appeared that way to me too..thank you for sharing your family with me. Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blogging my birthday! What wonderful memories. The Nielson sisters have had a charmed life dancing through it together, haven't we? Love you so much!

    PS This picture must mean that Mariah has been married for a year (or very close to it)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment