My absolute best HUSBAND watched the kids--AND did the laundry--at home this weekend so I could go to Utah to celebrate Mariah and Eliza's birthday with them. (It's what they said THEY wanted!)
My best SON-IN-LAW Evan agreed to cover Eliza's nannying gig for a good share of the time I was there so she could hang out with me too!
My best DAUGHTER Willa picked me up from the airport on Saturday morning and drove me to Provo, where she continued to chauffeur me around till she took me back to the airport on Monday. She also brought me cookies, which are my best DESSERT ever!
We went to Mariah's house where we saw my best other SON-IN LAW Mac, who I love to pieces. And I got to meet the kitties! I'm kind of in love with them too.
We had an idyllic lunch at Cubbies, a shopping trip culminating in some really awesome shoes and purses, and an excellent dinner with everyone at Konihor's (Indian food). Then we went to the nickelcade and earned enough prizes to bring some fun ones home for Griff and Eve.
We split up for church the next day. I went with Eliza and Evan, and Willa went to stake conference with Mariah and Mac. I was the lucky one because I got to go to the best CHURCH CLASS ever, nursery, and love on the kids Eliza gets to teach. (Best MOMENT: Austin gave me a hug and then went directly to Eliza to report on it. "I gived her loves.")
After that I had the best SUNDAY NAP I've had in ages, made peach cobbler with Eliza, and brought it with all my bigs to Marj Kirkham's house where we met a bunch of her kids, in-laws and grandkids. I wish I had taken pictures there! It was another best. Seeing my DAD look so happy, talking to my best OLDER SISTER M'Li, being there with my very good (and indulgent) children and their awesome husbands, and meeting all those people who told us great things about Marj. And seeing her energy and vitality and how much she likes my dad. It was wonderful!
The next day after a silly morning of losing and forgetting things, I got to go to my best HAIRDRESSER Mariah's new salon and get a refresh on my color and some sparkle toes. We followed that with my best CUISINE, Mexican, for lunch. Then Willa drove me back to SLC to see her dorm room (cute!) and go to the airport, where it didn't matter that my flight was delayed because I had a good book, still made my connection and it landed early and I was the first one on the shuttle to parking and made it home to my own house only 20 minutes after I was scheduled to land.
Now today it is the actual birthday of these best DAUGHTERS, who have always been each other's best FRIENDS, but are also mine too. I don't even know how to express what a great blessing it has always been to have them. They made me a mom and then grew up to be such excellent helpers and human beings. I am so proud of the great things they are doing and the beautiful people they are.
| And Willa was there too! Such a fun and great bonus! |

Your BEST weekend sounds amazing. Compensation for remodeling problems and dealing with 5 year old emotions. You appreciate people in just the right way.
ReplyDeletePaige
I''m glad to get the report on the whole weekend. Sounds like it was amazing! What fun you have with your beauties.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a weekend! You really know how to maximize your time with your visits. I just read Paige's post and the importance of you meeting Marj just sunk in. So glad you enjoyed your visit. Lots of love to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteOk, NOW I can comment. You have good lookin'chickas. The remodel ia at least started. Best of luck getting the momentum back.
ReplyDelete