My three bests this week:
1. I spent some really good time with my husband. He didn't have to go back to work till the 5th, and I got an excellent date on Saturday night to Seasons 52 and the Tesla store (just for fun), AND an early morning Sunday walk--both on days he had to work.
2. I got to help two people I love--sisters from the ward. One had kids nap here as she was moving and the other lent us her baby to play with while she went to the temple. Both felt important.
3. I think Willa and I are both feeling her impending departure. One of my favorite parts of Independence Day was helping her start to clean and pack her room.
4. Willa helped me by wrangling the wild ones at Deanna Rose so I could sit down at the computer without interruption.
5. Church. I just love the people in our ward and I hadn't seen them for several weeks. And it still feels like a surprising and fun bonus to see the new people that I already love.
Some things that weren't as fun:
1. Griffin spent an inordinate amount of time whining and crying--and issuing death threats. It was rough on everyone.
2. Our insurance forces you to do things you don't want to do. I scheduled a physical and started a city walk challenge, and started doing goals that are not super meaningful to me. But I do secretly enjoy competition (even meaningless competition it turns out) and love it that on Day 3 I'm in 73rd place out of 500 something on walking when I don't even exercise for real on Sundays. Also, I learned that biking doesn't count.
| Age difference? Two months. You'd guess two years. A photo of their fathers would show a similar height difference . |
| Sunday Style |
The face paint is absolutely glorious! I love both of their little faces. Evie looks like Ariel with her red hair.
ReplyDeleteYou got back and jumped right back into things! We all have been suffering from post vacation exhaustion. Not as much jumping at our house.
You are always so good at getting pictures of the fun. I'm trying to be more like you in that way.
Willa leaving home for real? Gulp. Well, ok. Why do I get all edgy about that? It's not my house she is leaving, after all. The whole place will seem so . . . odd . . . Willa-less.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! I like Eve’s Harry Potter scar. Can we get an update on how that happened?
ReplyDeleteEve accidentally scratched herself with a much-too-long thumbnail.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I want to hang out with you guys all the time.
ReplyDelete