We got back from Utah late last night. It was a busy trip!
Here is how we spent our days:
1. Saturday: flying there, dinner at City Creek, got Willa her laptop.
2. Sunday: walked our neighborhood, church with Grandpa Fred in SLC, dinner with Eliza and Evan, Grandpa and Libby.
3. Monday: yard work in Alpine, cleaned up, messed around with Eliza in Provo, pizza party with the relatives (Nielsons and Richins) at the park in Alpine. As a bonus, I got to see my dear friend Laura and her family (Westerns)!
4. Tuesday: SLC day. Housework, SLC library, games with Nielson cousins.
| Me and my 5 year old boy-girl twins and my cousin June with her 10 year old boy-girl twins. |
| Cassidy and Evie. (Griff and James were having fun too.) |
6. Thursday. Went to Logan temple for sealing of James to Katie Lewandoski. So sweet. Went back to condo, then reception in Layton.
8. Saturday. Hiking/biking/horse riding near Beaver resort in Logan Canyon. Lunch at Zipz near Bear Lake, mini golf, dinner at Cafe Sabor with all 48 reunion goers. So much good visiting and hugging!
9. Sunday. Church in Logan 16th Ward with Grandma Wimmer. Flat tire leading to Costco leading to nothing.
10. Monday. Fixed flat, drove to Alpine. Alan took KJ's and my kids to hike the Y. Willa hung out with Eliza at Aveda. I hung out with my dad and sisters in Alpine, going through Mom's personal things. Flew home to KC that night.
My very best parts were being with the people I love most--and it happened EVERY DAY. Eliza and Evan made huge efforts to be with us multiple times. Wimmers came in from around the country. My sisters all made time to be there when I was. Joel and Lesley even showed up! I was thrilled. Paige gave her siblings little metal bars that have Hugs, Mom in Mom's handwriting on one side and Love forever, Dad in his handwriting on the other. I wore mine around my neck and felt like I was encircled in my parents' love. The whole vacation was like that--surrounded by people who make my heart feel whole.
Man! You packed a lot in there! So happy I got to see you.
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun to see so much of you! Gotta get that teleportation device functioning.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a loving way of experiencing life. It's beautiful. So glad we got to see you all. I love you and your people so much! Alan was so amazing to take all the kids hiking. My kids enjoyed it and they didn't have to do the horrible things I had planned for them :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy trip. Your Utah trips are always busy and filled with love and playing - perfect.