Mother's Day 2018

Mother's Day cards were making me cry this year, because my mom is gone.  Then on my actual Mother's Day, all my kids were home!  They are giant pieces of my joy in life.  It reminded me of when they were little and when I was having a bad day I'd just sit and cuddle with them and it would help me feel better.  They still do that.



Also, Willa gave me all my photos from about 1990 digitized for Mother's Day, and I got a wonderful dose of my own mom from that.  It helped heal my heart.

Other things that don't hurt a bit: flowers! bagels! fresh OJ! Libby Bennion here too! Taking up a full bench at church!  Puerco Pibil cooked by Willa! A traditional Sunday walk with the family! So much good to be thankful for.

Comments

  1. I have been surprised by how much all the tangible good really does help heal - acknowledgement from friends who know what it is like, family, cuddles, flowers....yes! everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 AM

    How special to have some help with this Mother's Day. I love that your big girls were able to come home. Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is poignant. I agree with you and with Kirsta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment