Willa: Is rocking school. I think her lowest grade may be a 97. It's tough to keep it that high because it's hard to keep every score 97 or better--a 96 will drag you down--but she is somehow doing it. And she just got her first wedding photography gig! I am so thrilled that she will get to fly to Utah in early June and photograph the wedding of Lexie, who is Eliza's best work friend. Her work is also appearing in a juried student art show this weekend. When she submitted her piece, the woman who took it was such a fan! She told her she wished she were a judge so she could vote for her. Willa cut out sweets and increased fruits and veggies in her diet this week and felt an immediate improvement in her headaches. Dang! But also good to know. And so great to feel.
| Still smiles for puppies |
Mac and Mariah: Also doing great, great things. Mac was just honored for outstanding achievement in graphic design by BYU. It's so cool when other people recognize just how awesome he is. And Calvin got a design award too--which gives him automatic entry into the design program. (Must be great genes.) Mariah is finishing up her last few hours at Aveda (even though she already graduated they have to complete the full quota of hours) and having fun with Mac in St. George this weekend. They got to see some sun! Those lucky ducks.
Evan and Eliza: Did you know these guys are going to be church famous one day? Evan was asked to model for a Book of Mormon painting (he thought he'd be Nephi, but then was re-cast as Laman...) and while they were there, the artist decided Eliza would be a beautiful Mary for another painting. Meanwhile in their real life, Evan is studying diligently for school and the MCAT, and Eliza is working her tail off for Vivint. Like 70+ hours per week. This high quality photo arrived unexplained during our sacrament meeting today. I think it is from their date to SLC, but that is just a guess. And who knows, it may be valuable when their modeling careers really take off.
Evie and Griff: They need me a lot still. They haven't been too pleased to go to preschool this week, but they have relished going to Legoland with me, and burying poor dead bunnies we found in our yard. Also they like reading fables and fairy tales. And I had a proud mom moment this morning when they looked out the window as we were getting ready for church and saw the neighbors cleaning up a bang up toilet papering job next door. They rushed to finish getting ready and then went to help all dressed up in their church clothes. I loved it that they wanted to do that!
| Mourning the loss of Pup-nut, Fluff Ball, and Half Bun before we buried them. |
Me: I subbed in nursery today, which is hard, but also kind of fab because it features the cutest people in the ward--and there were only 7 of them today! I watched my friend Nora, who is the Primary president, come and visit with the nursery leaders for a few minutes as she watched to son of one of her counselors. And she does that regularly. She is so great at making people feel loved and a part of something outside playing toys and finding parents to change diapers. And it snowed! On April 8th! And we had the sister missionaries over for dinner, who are just adorable and wonderful. And I got to fast. I am surprised that I'm starting to really look forward to fast Sundays. They are starting to be a refreshing reset in my life. It only took 40 some-odd years, but I'm coming around.

I love your report! It's even better that everyone is doing so well in this time of grieving. That is way exciting for Willa to have a wedding gig! Maybe I can talk Larry and Janene in to new family pictures this summer/fall and we could use her?!
ReplyDeleteSo great to have such good mom moments with your great kids. I also completely understand little people being needy.
So glad your married kids are doing great. All four of them could have modeling careers! I was briefly on Instagram and saw that Eliza got accepted to law school at BYU...is that correct?
Alan and you are such a great combo. I am so glad you have been blessed with the perspective you have about your mom, though there is still the missing her so much part.
Love and long distance Hugs to all of you!
Your names for the dead bunnies are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteThat pic of evan and Eliza is hilaaaarious and you and willy are so cute!!
ReplyDeleteHeather, will the pictures of Eliza and Evan be where we can see them!? And I am so glad Willa is doing better...she is on my nightly prayers.. and Wyatt and I visited about his enjoying cooking.. he said he liked to make pies.. I love it! I didn't realize Mariah still had some class work and great for Mac..being recognized in the area he has chosen for his chosen field has to be a great feeling and the littles... they are just fun to watch and hear of their activities.. it makes me smile! And I love the parents of all these cute grandkids! Xo momw
ReplyDelete