The Basics and The Bests

It occurred to me recently that I do a TON of stuff regularly that I just don't blog about because it's boring.  And that is mostly what I did this week.  Here is a basic week of basic stuff for me:

Monday: cardio exercise--elliptical, lots of laundry, making all the meals, taking G and E to school, catching up on emails, FHE
Tuesday: pilates and trampoline, lots of playing with G and E, dance, making all the meals, trying to clean the house and usually failing
Wednesday: cardio again--elliptical, G and E to school, errands, G and E to gymnastics, making a bunch of food in a rush, W and W and APW to church for activities and interviews, putting littles to bed (Alan does it when he is home).
Thursday: pilates and trampoline again, playing and cleaning bedrooms with G and E, more making food.
Friday: cardio--bike, G and E to short school, play dates or hanging out with kids, more errands, date night with APW
Saturday: yard work, house cleaning, APW's prep day for church
Sunday: church, nap, dinner with the family and often someone else, blogging

And here are my three favorite things:

1. I sneaked away to the temple BY MYSELF on Wednesday.  I wore my mom's temple dress and even her slippers that say Patty L and Patty R on the inside of them, and I thought about her the whole time.  I did refrain from spinning in front of the bathroom mirror though. ;)

2. Dating that Wimmer man. Alan took me to India Palace and Whole Foods (I chose both) on Friday night and then snuggled with me on our couch while we watched an episode of This is Us.  Then on Saturday we sneaked away to the remodelers home tour with G and E in time that we weren't planning on having.  It was kind of miraculous.

3. My kids: Mariah and Mac left on their honeymoon to Costa Rica!  Eliza and Evan are breathing easier now that the first wave of Vivint sales people are deployed and BYU finals are over.  Willa just CAN'T WAIT to be done with school and had her grad announcement made by Mac. (Graduation is May 15th and you're all invited, but since I don't think most of you can come, the awesome announcements will probably be sent out after that.) Wyatt: Is SO ready for summer--the pool job, chilling on Sundays, watching tons of movies, and all that jazz--especially some cool jazz music. Also his Eagle project is THIS CLOSE to being done. Griff: loves me more than anyone. Ever.  It's adorable and exhausting. Eve: really took off on her bike! Extra kids: We had 10 friends of Willa and Wyatt come over and help us spread mulch on Saturday morning so Mariah and Eliza won't have to when they come for Willa's graduation.






Comments

  1. Evie on her bike is the cutest ever. (though Griff trying to stop her comes really close)

    You do good and important things. And you do them well. The date sounded especially nice. I still need to see that series. I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD and binge watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 AM

    How fun to "read" your busy week instead of live it! Of course I could always say "been there, done that" but don't know if mine was quite that busy!?😳 xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:53 AM

    Dear Sweet, Wonderful Heather:

    I read this list and it exhausted me just reading it. You do soooo Much in 1 day it makes me tired. You do it 7 days a week.

    Love, always from

    Dad N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you what amazingly beautiful children you have? Every one of them makes me wish we lived closer because they come to see you regularly :) (*and live with you!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment