Greater Light and Knowledge

Here are some family pics from our General Conference/Easter/April Fool's weekend.  They make it look pretty pedestrian and normal, but really, the whole thing was AMAZING!  Solemn Assembly to sustain a new prophet and first presidency. Two new apostles. Eight new general authorities. No more HP groups in wards. No more home teaching and visiting teaching. Just ministering.  AAAAND.... SEVEN new temples announced in miraculous places: Argentina, India, Nicaragua, Philippines, Layton UT, Richmond VA, and.....RUSSIA!!!!

The two things I need to record are 1. how I felt when I sustained President Nelson: joy, love and peace.  Truly the fruits of the spirit.  He has been sounding prophetic to me for the last couple of years.  The mantle has grown upon him to a beautiful fulness.  And 2. My favorite talks, thoughts and quotes:

1. New apostles--Chinese American (Rhodes Scholar, speaks Chinese, kind of amazing) and Brazilian who feels like Moses did, unsure of his language skills, but is shining in his testimony and even the delivery of it.  Thrill!

2. I can't believe how many talks were about car accident deaths.  Talks number 2 and 3 both were.  They reminded us that we are truly children of a God who cares about us individually and that as we desire it and work for it, forgiveness will come.

3. Bednar's talk about meekness was amazing--defining.  Brother Godoy's talk about sacrifice was beautiful.  Our sacrifices give meaning to our lives.  Sister Aburto's talk about the kaleidoscope of butterflies was beautiful and gave great meaning to the phrase and importance of acting with one accord. The entire first presidency spoke about Easter and increasing our ability to receive revelation through the Holy Ghost--right in a row!  Gerald Causse's question:  Are you active in the gospel or just busy in the church? Quentin Cook's talk summarized the entire conference beautifully and succinctly with an amazing discussion of priesthood keys restored in the Kirtland temple.  The closing of President Nelson was most definitely a bang, not a whimper.  What an amazing thing to end with an announcement of a temple to be built in Russia.  It reminded me of Neil Anderson's talk at the end of last conference where he compared conference to light being rained down from heaven to the earth.  Yes! Yes, yes!





Here was nature's little April fool's joke...

Shelley Shakespear Clement's idea for having kids listen for words WORKS!

Also Easter fun.  Including the missionaries for dinner.  We ate ham sliders, not them.


Comments

  1. Your pictures all warmed my heart. Wyatt is such a good big brother. Evies selfies are what joy are made of. You and Willa are both so photogenic - always have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:12 PM

    I loved All of conference also! Hated it to end while I was still enjoying! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing pedestrian anywhere in this. Such joy everywhere. I'm glad you made a reference to the talk about light raining down. Just a lovely report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you guys! Makes me wish we could have all watched conference together. Although there’s something really nice about being able to pay full attention and relax with my favorite person ever during conference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conference was great! So many great announcements and it seemed like a definite focus on making sure those who spoke from foreign countries were recognized and given credit.
    I love all you pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment