Regular stuff. In color.

People keep asking what I'm doing now that the weddings are over.  Well, just the regular stuff.  Lots of preschool and swim lessons and meetings for my calling and cooking dinner and cleaning the house and doing laundry and stuff.

Bests:  

-Last day of subbing in nursery for a month and James felt like I understood him when I encouraged him to run.  As a reward I got a spontaneous hug and a request for sympathy when he got hurt. Another reward was when I was stepping out the door to grab something quick and Lucy held up her arms to me with a pitiful look on her face and said, "I NEED you!"
-Watching Batkid Begins with our kids on Netflix after taking them to okay Mexican food.  That documentary made us smile the whole way through though. Griff was very interested and wanted to get our states puzzle out so he could see where Batkid lives and where Obama lives.  After pulling out California and Washington DC, he pulled out Utah and said, "But here is where the REAL Batman lives."  Somebody tell Evan Crespo he won!
- A long date with Alan on Veterans Day.  We started with breakfast at the Big Biscuit and ended at Best Buy.  (We didn't even consider that we should have only done B things.)
-Getting Willa to come with me to the RS Thanksgiving dinner.  And having her as my excuse for leaving promptly.
-Going to Wyatt's court of honor (just one merit badge.  The big one is still in the works.)
-Voting quickly and easily with my two helpers.  It was so much better than last time!
-My blog book came!
-Fall came too.  We have a lot of trees that are still green as they are losing their leaves because it took this long to get cold.  I drove around the corner onto our street on Friday and saw our neighbor's hedge apple busily raining green leaves down with wild abandon as a breeze came through.  I struggled to get my phone out so I could take a picture of fall actually happening right across the street from us, but the breeze ended by the time I could unbuckle and wrestle the phone out of my right back pocket.  Driving is a pleasure though, because the leaves that are turning are doing it in grand fashion right now.  Our burning bushes are burning red!  The maples are a lovely bright orange.   And each street is a visual delight.






Comments

  1. Thank you, thank you for sharing fall with me. We just don't get enough of it here...or any really.

    The pictures were fun to scroll down and learn that Griffin was on top of Alan...but wait, Evie was underneath! There some good fathering happening there (my kids call it "Billville" when it happens at our house.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful lot of foilage in your neighborhood. It sure makes fall nice, doesn't it? And I too loved seeing Al playing with the littles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that Dad is in good shape to be a jungle gym. Wyatt is stalking that scouting rank with tenacity. Also, I agree with Kirsta about the leaves. If a tree plans to get naked for the winter around here or just drops the leaves without fanfare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Loved a peek into your life! I had a fun experience. Keeping up with my fall yard work forced me to neglect my in house stuff as I don't have the energy to do both...so I had gotten all the leaves from my lawn raked and deposited on my garden and flower beds to compost into the soil after the winter snow...then walked out in front to check the non lawn area and found that a ton of leaves had fallen on my sidewalks and driveway...I sighed and felt sorry for myself but went into the house to rest a bit before doing the front yard...when I came out to get it done...a huge wind was blowing from the north to the south AND HAD TOTALLY BLOWN ALL MY LEAVES ON THE WALKS AND DRIVES TO SOMEWHERE SOUTH OF ME. I don't know who ended up with them but they were no longer my responsibility. Rocky Graciano..a boxer..when asked how come he had been so successful..put his hand on his heart with one hand and lifted the other above his head and said "someone up there loves me".... I felt the same way..... Xo momw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment