My phone pictures are appalling this week. Nothing of note. Not even Halloween. But since you've gotta post pictures, here they are:
![]() |
| We lost this cake stand. Dang it. |
| A "Yo Kai" Griff made and wanted to text to Mac |
![]() |
| Just a funny arrangement of photos in my Instagram explore. Eric Webster's head on one of Caroline Breckenridge's friends being accepted to grad school. Also two inadvertent dots by me. |
| I'm always texting my girls options of clothing to buy. We chose the black winter coat for Griff. |
These lame pictures left me wondering if I even did anything this week, and if I had felt God's hand in my life. Here are a few that stand out.
1. I got to talk to my friend Sherianne Schow. Her mom is dying, her house is unfinished, her move a year ago is making her question her ability to receive revelation, and her kids are all fun to hear about. And I forgot to even ask about Adam! But it did my soul good to visit and laugh with her and she left me with some fun and interesting things to look up and think about. Fiona Givens. Ezra Taft Benson's talk from 1988 about loving God with all your heart. A Mormon podcast that I might be able to find.
2. I got to finish my blog book from 2016. It's about 6 (or 8!) months later than I would have liked, and working on it so intensely made me question whether I should even be blogging. I whine! My life is interesting to a small few, but rather unremarkable. My pictures are lame. (See above). But on occasion, I do have golden moments when I record things that make life worth living. My blog is my place to find God's hand in my life. And I need to remember that even if no one else does.
3. Alan and I went with dear friends (the Frandsens and the Zobells) on a triple date to Rye to celebrate Nora's birthday. Delicious food and wonderful company. And we never get to do that! It's hard enough to arrange schedules just to have a single date with each other! And I also got a bonus of watching an episode of Extinct (new-ish on BYUtv) with my husband last night.
4. Breathing room. Weddings are so much fun. But I've been holding so much space for them in my life that I haven't done things that I've needed to and wanted to. It's been refreshing to be on this side of the fun and have a little space to think and plan and even do. And that feels like grace.


Don't be hard on yourself. You are wonderful......and......tired. That is all O.K. I'm amused by the bald head on top of the graduate school initiate. love from Mr. Hugs
ReplyDeleteYou must always remember that there is other person who loves your blogs..and that is me! Xo momw
ReplyDeleteYou surely survive well, my dear! But what on earth happened to the cake tray? Don't you had loosing stuff?!! Also, I'm jealous that your blog book is done and ordered. I have 3 months and the French stories to do. It's hard, but I keep telling myself that it'll be worth it.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good reminder to me to continue searching for the divine in my life. It's easy to set aside and then I start to realize that when I am not searching for it, I don't find it...but it does take time and mindfulness.
ReplyDelete