Older and Wiser

So, I'm 46 now.  For my birthday I took my kids and Libby to get donuts from Ray's, which is delicious and north of the river.  The rest of the day devolved into pretty much nothing, although Willa did take the littles to gymnastics for me and Wyatt did watch the kids while I ended up sitting and thinking all by myself during a pouring rainstorm.  And I got phone calls from a bunch of people I love. That night we went to Bennion's house for Parker's graduation celebration.

Other birthday things included going to lunch with Heidi on Tuesday and on Thursday going to Lidia's for dinner, the symphony for some delightful music (Except for the Prokofiev piano concerto.  That was less delightful.), and Tropicana for paletas with my true love.




This was my birthday selfie.  I look terrible, but Willa is so cute!



I've actually been contemplating the last five years of my life because we are coming to the end of a BYU Alumni year.  Five years ago I went to my first board meeting wondering if I should tell them that I was about 12 weeks pregnant with twins.  I didn't. When my babies were one, I took over as chair of the board, and I've been running the show for the last three years.  I agreed to chair because I thought it shouldn't be something that you have to keep doing forever--and I knew too much about everything else Alyson had going on in her life.  And yet, for the last two years I've tried to pass off the baton and no one has been there to take it from me.  And I've had quite a bit going on in my life too. I'm trying to decide what is next.  Should I keep running? Walk the next lap? Or maybe just set the baton down and walk away.  I never signed up for a marathon, but I don't want to lose the momentum we have gained.  I'll let you know what happens when all that wisdom kicks in.  I'm still praying.

Comments

  1. When people say the day "devolved" on a birthday day, it wasn't the best one. Sorry. Sounds like other fun things happened later. Good luck deciding how much of you to give to BYU alumni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your true love look glamorous together. Happy next year! I hope the alumni association decision (even if you decide to stay the course and celebrate a lot) makes you realize how much good you have already done. Also sub groups for delegating can be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:42 AM

    I think it is very unfair for your Alumni group to show their appreciation for all you have done, to make it impossible for you to be replaced! Shall I call or text them and tell them!!🙃xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of your and Alan! You really are an attractive couple!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment