I Feel the Same, How About You?

Happy 2017!  We rang it in our usual way:  eating our finger food feast and sending the big kids off to do their thing, the little kids off to bed, and ourselves to sleep.  The thing for Mariah, Eliza and Ellen was to drive to Omaha, and from there to Utah quickly to miss a storm.  The thing for Willa and Wyatt was a dance and then playing scum at the Bennion's house.  We were so far asleep we didn't even hear when they came in shortly before 1am.

I am still working on having a fresh start feeling.  Mariah and Eliza leaving me with a much cleaner house helps.  Spending New Year's Day in church helps.  Having some really great things to look forward to helps too.

Here are the phone pics from this week:

Mariah recruited Willa to go with her to the Nelson-Atkins with one on the long list of boys who are excited she is home that she isn't sure she wants to talk to.  Griffin couldn't fathom that they might want a photo without him in it.




One of the best parts of my week was a date with Willa to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  Having babysitters who don't feel like babysitters at the ready over the break was an excellent treat, and the movie was so much fun!

We went shopping with our Christmas money.  Griffin is THRILLED with his new Pokemon balls.  Thank you Grandma Wimmer!  Best quote from Griff this week:  "If you let me go sit with Emery (during sacrament meeting) I will let you be in charge with me."


Evie spent her Christmas money on pink princess cowgirl boots.  (Thank you Grandma Wimmer!) She cried real tears when I wouldn't let her wear them to church today.  She says her R sounds clearly now in most words.  I love to hear her say Marrrriah and Grrrrriffin.  She still loves to independently take herself to our neighbor's house and invite herself to play with Miss Betsy and her cats.  Luckily, she is asking permission now.  I got this photo in a text from Betsy yesterday.  Griff is sad he missed out on the Santa with skeleton hands.


Wyatt spent this afternoon passing off a scout cooking requirement:  dutch oven cooking on our neighbor's coals from her new year's bonfire.  It wasn't his finest culinary accomplishment, but it is accomplished.  We are pretty sure that is all that counts.


I went on a mountain bike ride with Alan yesterday.  It was a beautiful morning, and I'm glad to have a husband who invites me to do things he loves with him.  I just wish I could love mountain biking more.  I keep trying and it keeps not working.  It was great to be with him outside on a pretty day though.  And he is so very good at pointing out the good.  I could definitely go for more of that.

Comments

  1. I love that you do things with indiiduals in your home,,,especially Alan. He really is your best friend, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Your last paragraph cracked me up! Because that was totally me and snow skiing this week. We finally went as a whole family this week for the first time in at least two years. And I just had one struggle after another and wondered all morning when I’m going to get old enough to just STOP trying to enjoy being cold! hahahahaha -Angi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:57 AM

    Heather, it is still kind of a shock to me to see Mariah a regular part of your blogs! Not a shock really as a nice surprise...xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much of scouting is just exactly how you described Wyatt's Dutch oven cooking experience, don't you think? I liked that. Glad he got one more thing done.

    How funny that Griffin regretted not getting to see the Santa with the skeleton hands! I thought it was kind of creepy, but Evie doesn't seem to mind. Darling fearless children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willa having big sisters at home looks like happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment