Back at it

Mariah and Eliza are in Provo, trying to live their lives.  Eliza started work and I have heard from her so much less. She did well on the LSAT and thinks she may go ahead and apply to law school. Mariah called today disappointed that her week went SO much differently than she had planned.  She had hoped to have a job and be working already, but instead ended up with no job, no car, and a messed up face.  Even her school start date got pushed back.  The other kinds of dates she has no lack of.  She is having a great time with McCall right now.

Willa is back in school, trying to live her life.  January is hard for her.  And February, and March.  She and I are trying to not eat sugar or dairy together.  (Although I have given myself permission for a few bowls of cereal a week with milk.)  It is really hard, but it is nice to have each other for support and sugar-free treats.  We have similar records and are using the same app to track our progress.  Our longest streak is one day long. In good news, she is taking photography and jewelry at school, found her long-lost film camera, and slam-dunked all of her classes last semester with straight A's.

Wyatt just got clean versions of two albums in the mail today: Beyonce and Kanye West.  He is still into film, but starting to also educate himself on all manner of pop music.  School is going well.  The mullet is still growing.  He made his first lemon merengue pie. He gives wonderful hugs.

Griffin is an adorable, needy kid.  He decided he didn't like Pull-ups, and is magically dry at night now.  Most of the time.  We had a bunch of play dates at our house over the break from school because I needed other people to play with him.


Evie is still a sweetheart, but she really fights paying attention to when she needs to potty.  And when she goes she really needs company.  If I would just go with her every time I start to see her dance, we would have many fewer accidents.






Alan has a good life.  He enjoys what he does and is still the happiest when he can bike to work.  He has had some tendonitis keeping him from playing hoops, but he has still been able to bike on the weekends quite a bit.

I am working on turning over new leaves.  For Paige, I'll tell you some of my goals.  No sugar.  At least 60 ounces of water a day.  Go outside every day.  Eat veggies at every meal.  Learn how to pray better.  Be a better reader. I also watched the documentary The Minimalists on Netflix, and it has inspired me yet again to simplify my surroundings.  I'm intrigued with Project 333, which is a challenge to only wear 33 things for 3 months.  Anyone want to try it with me?  I'm trying to make it to what I hope is the end of my term as chair of BYU Alumni.  I feel like a castaway in a desert, lunging towards a mirage.  I'm also trying to think of ideas to pitch to news outlets about our stake this month.  Did I tell you I was published once?  If you keep trying, some of them make it.  I'm hopeful that works for my other things too.


Comments

  1. So great that Eliza has people to go to every day. Yay! I get it. I still find myself thinking about Mariah a lot. I'll keep praying for her. Willa seems more like Willa in pictures of late. Her personality has been coming out again. I hope that means she is feeling more like Willa. I love it that Wyatt has a mullet. He's my secret crush. Your little angels always make me smile. Thank you for letting us watch them grow up through your blog.

    I'm completely impressed with all of your goals for the new year. I'm tempted to try the 33 things for 3 months, but I'm scared of what will fall off my plate if I add one more thing. Let's do this again in a few years when I'm not in school! I promise to be more fun later...

    Alan is so great at doing, doing, doing and having a very active life. I'll never be as accomplished, but his mantra definitely keeps me going lots of days: Do more, be more.

    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve the dancing girl. Ahh that photo did me a lot of good today. So sweet.

    Great goals! I'm happy with you -- and I will be waiting to be reminded of what you got published. Was it that academic paper with Dr. Kredich? (I'm sure I spelled his name wrong.) Something more free-form? Also your snow picture with the twins is just so colorful and so happy. I think it really helps to have sky blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those two little snow angels! The picture os you in that darling hat is gorgeous!! A HUGE congratulations to Willa on getting all As. Isn't it terrific tht Eliza did well on the LSAT! I'm not sure what a mullet is, but Wyatt's curly hair looks great. I'm especially thinking of you this weekend and wishing the weather was better so we could be in Utah to see you. Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I feel like a castaway in a cookie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice catch, Eliza. I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really did comment earlier. Please believe me. I adore that dance phase on Miss Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment