For the #lighttheworld challenge to follow Christ for 25 days in 25 ways, I really was excited to do all the things. And then I did some of them. I thought they were worthwhile. Here are the ones that actually happened as real life descended in December:
1. I sent someone money to who needs it.
2. I called my parents. Easy one! I jumped right on it.
3. I made a comment in Sunday School. Hopefully that counts.
4. I went to church. Also I prayed. Easy peasy.
5. I prayed for someone sick.
6. I posted a scripture on Facebook.
7. I fed the missionaries.
8. ...
9. I visited my friend Sheryl.
10....
11. I hung out with our family, including the little kids, during stake conference.
12. I taught Griff and Eve about the letter A.
13. We had a family night lesson about humility.
14. We donated to the stake coat drive
15. I practiced a song to perform in church.
16. We donated gifts to a family in our ward.
17. Call my mom. I love these ones.
18. Went to Mariah's homecoming sacrament meeting.
19....
20....
21. Forgave someone.
22....
23....
24....Ate tamales with my family for Christmas Eve.
25... Helped with music for the Christmas program.
The conscientious student in me would give me about a B-, and is disappointed I didn't do every single thing, and that I didn't do them all on the right day. The Christian in me is so glad God has made a plan to meet me where I am, not at perfection. So glad for Christ. So glad for Christmas.
1. I sent someone money to who needs it.
2. I called my parents. Easy one! I jumped right on it.
3. I made a comment in Sunday School. Hopefully that counts.
4. I went to church. Also I prayed. Easy peasy.
5. I prayed for someone sick.
6. I posted a scripture on Facebook.
7. I fed the missionaries.
8. ...
9. I visited my friend Sheryl.
10....
11. I hung out with our family, including the little kids, during stake conference.
12. I taught Griff and Eve about the letter A.
13. We had a family night lesson about humility.
14. We donated to the stake coat drive
15. I practiced a song to perform in church.
16. We donated gifts to a family in our ward.
17. Call my mom. I love these ones.
18. Went to Mariah's homecoming sacrament meeting.
19....
20....
21. Forgave someone.
22....
23....
24....Ate tamales with my family for Christmas Eve.
25... Helped with music for the Christmas program.
The conscientious student in me would give me about a B-, and is disappointed I didn't do every single thing, and that I didn't do them all on the right day. The Christian in me is so glad God has made a plan to meet me where I am, not at perfection. So glad for Christ. So glad for Christmas.
I heard this was happening...you are probably the one who told me,. But I couldn't find the calendar of their suggestions, even though I honestly tried. I thought it was such a terrific thing to do that I decided to do my own thing. I found that even having the desire to do things to invite the light of Christ into your life is a good thing. Now I wish I had kept track like you did!
ReplyDeleteI was really glad that Will was sick on the appropriate day. Is that wrong?
ReplyDeleteYour comments about your grade afterward cracked me up. My perfectionist student was never as strong as yours...now I'm married to Bill and it's even worse! I got 70% on the Political Science final this week. That's the bare minimum I could do and pass the class for credit. Bill and I were both super proud of me for not working at all harder than I needed to in order to get where I'm going :) Time is precious and prioritizing puts school...not at the top.
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome Heather. I give you an A+. Always.
ReplyDeleteAngi
Heather I too "took the challenge" and I too didn't do all of them and not always on the assigned day! But I did read and ponder each day and felt really good with the whole program. One fun"do" was finding a place to take about 20 pair of Waynes's glasses. And mine as well....I had heard there were people who took them to third world countries for years and had been saving the glasses..his and mine...but hadn't put in the effort to do it till now....and now the are! Xo momw
ReplyDelete