I read a line in a book once that said real life is rather shabby. I think it means that we envision grand things, and when they work out in real life it just turns out to be us: not really grand at all.
I am thankful for
 |
| These little monkeys who really have a hard time sitting still. |
 |
| For my fabulous girls who love pictures and my wonderful boys who hate pictures. |
 |
| For homemade rolls by Eliza, homemade mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce by Willa, homemade turkey and stuffing by me, and homemade pie by Wyatt. Food = mood. |
 |
| For the beauty of the earth. And for Eliza who helped Eve. |
 |
| For rocks to climb and places to explore. |
 |
| For features of this earth and life that teach us new things all the time. |
The hiking pictures are from the day after Thanksgiving, when Alan was working and the rest of us went hiking in Kansas City's giant Swope Park. We meant to hike for about 30 or 45 minutes and wandered around looking for a way out for three hours. Eliza asked me if I didn't think it was a shady place where we were likely to find dead bodies--like they say in some rap songs. Eve and I were just glad we didn't fall off any cliffs. There is just one more thing to be thankful for.
You have cool real life adventures. What a blessed walk in the park!
ReplyDeleteI love your real stuff. Maybe there's magic in the realness of it too.
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful that your boys allowed pictures even though they hate them.
I'm thankful to see you too. Your family life may be very real, but it's glorious!
Heather, I too have much to be thankful for...and it is great to have a day to remind us. I celebrated the day with the Larsen family. Along with 38 others! Angi's home was definitely "full of people" but it worked out well. Then Saturday night I went to "The Nutcracker ".. This year Jade danced the part of the Sugar Plum Fairy" and it beautifully. Watching her dance I found it hard to believe she is only fourteen! And today it is snowing winter is here! Xo momw
ReplyDeleteWilla's knowing looks -- so much fun. I'm glad so many people did cooking projects for Thanksgiving. I'm always so glad when you blog.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Angi's daughter does Sugar Plum Fairy at age 14? That's a major deal. Tell all those Larsens I'm impressed.