1. In stake conference last weekend, two of the talks were about the temple. Amanda has had a recommend for quite a while now, but still hadn't been to the temple. She really wanted to go before she moved to St. Louis. We found time and went to do baptisms on Tuesday morning. She texted me that 20 people have been baptized this week because of me, counting the ones we did on Tuesday and then when she went back on Wednesday night. The temple ladies didn't know we were together until Amanda told them my husband baptized her. It was a cool thing.
2. Young Women in Excellence was this week. Our YW president, Shelley Beatty, always does an amazing job. You'll find pictures of all her events on Pinterest. The theme was 50's--KC 1st Ward Rocks Personal Progress-- and she had the room set up to be a 50's diner. It was so cute. She does this for our 8 girls who show up. I love her for that.
| Willa made a video introducing all the girls that was the highlight of the program. |
4. Amanda brought her boyfriend Jordan to meet us for dinner tonight. We had chili and baked potatoes with brownies for dessert and Griff documented the evening for us. My fingers still smell like garlic and peppers. Amanda is moving to St. Louis tomorrow. She has a friend who has offered her a permanent place to live and Jordan lives there too.
Your braided hair-do looks lovely. I just wanted to see the back too. Your MIA President is amazing and the girls (especially Willa) are adorable! And it's terrific that you let Amanda experience the temple! I may be the slightest bit biased, but I think you are pretty amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo much good stuff here! I love the name of Griff's stuffed shark. I love it that Griff took the pictures for you of the evening with Amanda and her boyfriend.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great friend. I want to be a friend like you when I grow up more.
I think Amanda's smile is just lovely. She's looking calm and happy these days.
ReplyDeleteThe shark name is literal. Funny. Just about perfect. The whale is lyrically named, which makes me grin.
Great photos all around. I love this post.
Great pictures and post! Maybe you can let Grif take pictures more often because he got a pretty good one with Wyatt in it, as well as all the other good dinner pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thing to help your friend to the temple. It's like a double bonus because you got to go too!
The stuffed animals a great! What a score for them, I would have cringed a little inside at the thought of having more stuff at home.
Finally your YWIE looks super! What a fun idea. I will have to remember it for next year if I am in the same calling.
Kayci, you've got it exactly. My littles were so much more excited than I was!
ReplyDeleteHeather, I needed to share something with you that is funny/sad at the same time! I am so fortunate at my "advanced age" to be as healthy as I am but would love to have the memory I used to have! When you mentioned Amanda I didn't remember your sharing of her in your 2015 book but I pick them up and re read them periodically..just open anywhere and read and enjoy the pics and today I read about Amanda!! And saw her pic and loved the reminder. One bonus to my weakened memory is that I can reread books and enjoy them all over again..ha ha xo momw
ReplyDelete