When I was in Utah, fall had definitely advanced more than I have seen in Kansas City. We have had an uncommonly warm fall, which has been lovely, but it makes for mostly green landscapes and high oak mite populations. Here is what it looks like at our house with just a dusting of fall color.
 |
| Play date at the park with Emery |
 |
| We LOVE her. Her whole family, really. |
And we got a few fun fall things this week that really felt like frosting: a visit from Dick and a trip with most of us to St. Louis.
 |
| Uncle Dick came to visit! Anyone who hasn't seen him with kids is missing out. |
 |
| We are ready for you! |
 |
| Second brothers' bike ride this month |
 |
| The City Museum in St. Louis is a seriously cool place. Artists with a strong sense of fun got hold of a vacant building and lots of architectural salvage and made a playground on steroids. |
 |
| Train ride past a giant centipede guarding a tiny city. |
 |
| Eve resting on a mosaic of an alligator catching carp. I took this from the floor above, near the entrance to the three story slide. |
 |
| The real reason for the trip was to accompany Alan, who was speaking at a conference. |
 |
| We also went to the St. Louis Science Center. It was hard to leave! |
 |
| Really, really hard to leave. |
Today we wrapped it all up with the Primary sacrament meeting program. Our two little Sunbeams did a great job on their lines. Eve kept trying to get back to the microphone, and succeeded once. They stood right up front on every song, even the ones they weren't supposed to be singing. And they messed around for everyone to see pretty much the entire time. They were pretty much a mess, but definitely entertaining. My friend Delaina said, "They did just what they were supposed to do!"
 |
| As I started to make this post I kept hearing the kitchen sink run.... |
Cute!! I love the pictures. Eve's hair doesn't seem to be growing out very well.
ReplyDeleteThose imps!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you let them be a bit of a mess. Also- the first picture of Wyatt and Eve was exceedingly hard to figure out, but I loved it anyway. Nifty indoor park!
Fun pictures. I can't believe how lanky your Evie is starting to look. She's losing the baby in her...a little sad, but sweet too. Griff's cry face for leaving the science museum was pretty compelling. I might have turned the car around!
ReplyDeleteIt's always just right to hear about Alan and Dick biking together. And the bikes are so fancy! Holy cow!
Wyatt is especially fun with your littles. What a good big brother they have to play with them and pay them attention.
I just missed seeing you!
This one didn't come on my email. I'm just glad I found it! Precious pictures of your busy life and growing children!!
ReplyDelete