Real Stuff, Mediocre Pictures

This week was full of the real, regular, not so pretty stuff.  Doctor appointments, lessons, making food, cleaning house, oak mite welts all over all of us, yard work, haircuts and surviving an extra week of summer weather.

I should learn to listen when I have strange thoughts like, "I should practice piano."  I did, but not enough.  I played for a baptism (Mary Simonton) and for Primary, all on the fly.  Still grateful to have enough muscle memory to be able to be somewhat useful at church.  And at least I had the thought!



Dad's FHE treat: Sheridan's

Griff wanted another preschool fountain picture

How would it be to be an investigator taught by 5 missionaries and a member friend?  Love it when members text me photos!

Eve stole the camera and got a pic of Michael Ort visiting.



Griff.  Oak mite welt on cheek.  A compromise on a church shirt.

I wasn't going to let Eve wear this dress to church, but she said, "But I will make it BEAUTIFUL.  I'll get some accessories."  See what she did there?  How could I not let her just go with it?  Also, I tried to even up her self-styled haircut, but it turns out she did a pretty good job on her own, so we just went with that too.
Other real stuff:

-Wyatt asked for (and got) a mullet.  I'll get a picture next time. He also got about 17 merit badges and 3 ranks for the court of honor on Tuesday night.  They haven't had one for two years.
-Eve and Griff still say "bednight" instead of "bedtime".  It's pretty cute.
-Griff still clicks his tongue for punctuation when he is happy and pulls my face towards him when he wants my attention--which is a lot.
-Willa has only missed ONE day of seminary and NO days of school in the last 6 weeks.  We are cautiously hopeful we have found the right balance to keep her going.  And darn proud of what she has done so far!
-I got to eat lunch with Rachel on Thursday, who is a treat to visit teach.  She is in the RS presidency and gave a really great talk about why we need Relief Society today.  Hers was the only visiting teaching that really worked out this month.
-Alan gave a talk on "Anticoagulation in Electrophysiology Procedures" for grand rounds this week.  It seems like a very niche topic that few besides people like him would be interested in, but he got great reviews.

Comments

  1. I like your pictures however they come! That is so great about Willa! Also how lucky with Eve's hair and I guess Wyatt's hair since he wanted the mullet. Allen's talk sounds interesting but I am sure it would be completely over my head. How nice to get to do lunch visiting teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie is a sweet thing. Her eyes look like she could have used a nap in that church picture. I agree she DID make that dress beautiful. Please oh, please let me see Wyatt with a mullet. And tell Willa I'm so happy for her. A balancing act in personal health habits can be difficult to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about oak mites. Sounds like that is a lucky omission in my education. I'm like Kirsta . I also loved and relished each picture and word! Your weekly reports are terrific. LOVE 2 ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "real life" entries. Your little ones sparkle. Griff's fierce love for you and Evie's beautifying skills are so much fun to hear about (and see). I too haven't heard about Oak mites. I'll just be grateful. One more reason to love Wyatt - a mullet. How fun is that? So glad Willa is finding a good balance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:50 PM

    I love your life Heather 😊. I think someday you will be a famous author and I can say that I know you ! Xo momw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I am receiving your posts via email. THANKS! Also Evie looks darling. Maybe her big talent is HAIR. She's pretty young to do so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment