Willa: Started her junior year (four classes so we can have time for online classes and music). Finished two of her online classes. Is playing piano, guitar and ukulele. Went to a 5 Seconds of Summer concert. Still has headaches, but they seem more manageable. I'd say she is doing better. And isn't she cute?!
Wyatt: started high school and walks home from school happy every day. Made Eliza an apple pie. Teaches me cool things I didn't know literally every day. (Today it was some amazing historical thing that my brain is having trouble retrieving...) Working on scouting requirements to pass off Life rank. Enjoys stake dances with his friends from the ward (mainly Parker and Kallen, but also Dennis, Garrett and hopefully soon Avery will come). I need to get his glasses fixed and get him more regular driving time.
Alan: Glad he stepped down from the PRPA and PLC committees at work--it's a relief to use his administrative time for the things it was meant for like running the EP department. Still biking on roads and trails nearly every day of the week. Enjoys the high council and the people he is getting to know. Takes his family to do awesome things together--Josh Groban concert, Mr. Gyros, yard work and church this week.
Heather: Quite possibly losing my marbles trying to help everyone else with all their stuff. To do list so much longer than the accomplished list. Excited and a little terrified about learning everything I'm going to need to know to be a public affairs media specialist. Worried about pulling off another year of BYU alumni activities. Can't wait for preschool to start.
Eve: Started saying her R sounds clearly this week--especially at the first and middle of words. She will still say "ah" instead of "r" at the end of words, which is kind of a cute transition. She also learned to cross her eyes. And it is really, really hard to keep clothes on her.
Prepare yourself for some inappropriate nudity...
| Only twins try to share a toilet, in my experience. |
| Best shot I could get of the eye crossing. |
Griffin: Had a REALLY whiny week. It inspired his mother to sign him and his sister up for gymnastics, swimming AND soccer in addition to two days a week of preschool. I know the extra running around won't be my favorite, but I'm pretty sure he NEEDS to run around and needs some time away from me as much as I need time away from him. He recently deleted all my apps. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Each time I miss one I think of him. He is brilliant, if you were wondering. And he sings and dances. I'll probably keep him.
Mariah: As far as we know is still amazingly happy to be a missionary, and really doesn't like to think about coming home in just over three months. We LOVE to think about it though. We were planning her life for her just tonight! I probably should run it by her before I post it on my blog though. One of the best parts of having a stateside missionary is the texts and snapchats we get from people who love her almost as much as we do. And isn't she cute?!
A couple of photos from the 5SOS concert for your enjoyment.
| I love all four of these girls! Libby and Kacee are such good friends AND babysitters. |
| Someone finally turned off the heat! First Sunday walk in a long time had Eve doing really well on the balance bike. |

Heather -- you have every right to be exhausted at the end of the day. Middles too. Heck -- exhausting is just the by-product of being useful, right? You've been doing a bang up job at being useful. So great to get a report during a healthy week!
ReplyDeleteI love your weekly updates. You may have a long list of unaccomplished things but you get this done - faithfully. Every week. I’m so proud of you Heather. :)
ReplyDeleteAngi
What fun pictures you post. I think I forgot to comment when I first saw it because I had to go look up some 5SOS songs which was a fun detour.
ReplyDeleteYour girls major in beauty every day and your sons love you fiercely - I really think it's all dreamy! Your magnum opus grows daily. Love you!