Picking up steam

We started this week in Utah at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We were a little tired and a little sick and a little disappointed not to have closed on the condo while we were there.  We flew home the next day, losing our luggage in the process.  Where could things go but up, right?

Here are the highlights:

-Willa took her final for her English class and ordered the one for her precalculus class.
-We closed on the condo!
-We had one school shopping day and then Wyatt started school.


Eve, on the Target run.

Wyatt, starting high school--just the link crew orientation day.  It rained hard that morning!
Then Saturday I had my final hurrah with the Primary--the Primary Pirate Party, which was great.  We did it because of Wyatt's idea: I know the scriptures Aaaaargh true.

Walking the plank

Thar be pirates!  Griff in orange, Evie singing on the chair in the background.

Sword fights.  Swabbing the deck in the background.

Adorable food.  We also had pirate peg legs (corn dogs), goldfish and doubloons (gold sprayed oreos).  And ocean water (blue punch). Put Nora Frandsen in charge of food and you'll get awesome.


Everyone say, "Aaaaaargh!"
Sunday I got to fast for our friend Abby Ward.  She is a friend from Michigan who was seriously hurt in a hiking accident in June.  Here is a link to the story of what happened. She is slowly starting to wake up from her coma and learn to use her body again.  I prayed that she would still be able to serve her mission to Sweden.  I also got to play the organ in sacrament meeting and help in the crazy, crazy Sunbeam class.

This is what happens when you ask Wyatt to take your picture.

This is what happens when you ask Griff to take your picture.
And school starts for real today.  I'm up early and getting ready for a whole busier lifestyle.  Gotta get moving!

Comments

  1. 5:42 am? Yes, you're up pretty early! Such a cute pirate primary party. Your ward is so good to even do those. Our ward hasn't done one in a few years. (And you had the cutest little pirates there!)

    Wyatt is a man. When did that happen? He even sounds like a man because I called recently and he sounded exactly like Alan.

    Did Willa cut her hair or is it just pulled back? So sorry to hear about your friend, Abby. That's so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had them walk the plank!!! That is argh-some!

    I love you two comparison photos at the end. So funny.

    Your well-planned and well-executed exhausting life is such a fun read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these reports! Thank you for blogging your life and letting us be part of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment