It's all good

I was looking over my calendar wondering which things seemed like evidence of God's love for me and everything seemed like a blessing.  But everything gets kind of tedious, so I'm just going to write about a few that really stand out.

Eliza.  Eliza is definitely one of my favorite blessings.  And I think it is really great to think of your children as evidence of God's love for you.  We got her all buffed up with clean teeth and a new pair of glasses ordered and sent her back to Utah to live the life of her dreams.  (Her dream during her Sunday nap today involved showing up to teach Pilates unprepared and having her mentor come and take over, but that isn't the dream we are talking about...)  I feel like I am probably on the tail end of receiving multiple calls from her every day, so I'm trying to just enjoy that.  She calls me whenever she is walking or waiting or wishing she wasn't alone.  And she has fun things to tell me about like orientations for that new Pilates job or dates or going to her new ward for the first time. I love it and I love her. And seeing her in person is just the best.  We were so glad she came home for a few days.

My two E girls.  The little one so much wants to be (and is!) like her big sister.

Evie.  So proud to be a climber.

Getting too big for the baby swings, but we still love them.

When Wyatt is getting his glasses fixed it is good to choose your favorites to model.

And also good to get a Dum Dum out of the deal.

SME back to school night.  I found out about this the day before it happened, and I'm so glad Wyatt was available to babysit because it was 1. our only option that night and 2. my only chance for a date with my husband this week.  We have been going to these "meet the teacher" nights every year since 2009 and continue to be amazed at how packed to capacity the school is for this event.  Our kids have really sharp, passionate people they get to learn from every day at a school full of kids from families who really care about their education.  It is an amazing blessing.  We went to Willa's first four (only) classes and Wyatt's last three. We saw Mr. Muhammad (International Relations), who is a really cool Muslim, semi-pro rapper; and Mr. White (who is the dad of the family who adopted Juan Ramos and is married to a friend I have done yoga with), who is ecstatic to be teaching AP American History.  He replaced the beloved teacher known as Yoda a couple of years ago.  Alan went to Willa's ceramics class while I went to Wyatt's business class with Mrs. McPhee.  And we met Willa's AP English teacher who is articulate, organized, and living her dream being a teacher and cheer coach. Both she and Mr. White are on their second careers and are particularly happy about what they are doing now.  Then we went to Wyatt's English class, Biology class and foods class.  All were taught by sharp women who seem organized and smart.  We didn't get to see Madame Losey, Mr. Klein or Mrs. McClendon, but we already know they are great because they have taught our daughters.  We ended the night with gelato and a little marveling together at these blessings at Spin.

Our church family.  Our ward is really diverse and really great.  The picture below is from a baptism for two new young women--Tatiana and Artisha, sisters who have been coming to our ward and activities for months.  The very pregnant belly on the left belongs to my visiting teacher, Hattie Lake. She is also one of the YW leaders, and she loves my Willa, which is especially great because she is undeniably cool.  Willa appreciates that.  I just love these people I serve and serve with.  Nora Frandsen gave a talk on repentance today that touched me.  We invited ourselves over to Bennion's tonight to have some dessert.  Alex Steel taught a lesson in RS about family councils that reminded me what a blessing it is to have a husband who makes sure we have an executive council weekly. And Charity Smith taught my little ones about being a friend today--the first day Griffin has gone to Primary without his mom. Being a part of a ward family like ours is completely enriching.


A vintage DQ in Leavenworth.  We were pumping up Wyatt's driving time.

End of season swimsuits.  New favorite outfits.

One speaker went SO LONG in sacrament meeting today.  This is what ya do.

Comments

  1. We oood and ahhhhed over each picture and then chuckled over what you do when you get bored in church. I'm impressed that you do regular family councils. And I absolutely adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out how to turn the sound off my phone for pictures so I can entertain myself at "those times" too.

    Wonderful blessings. Your first blessing looks a lot like you. Thank you for sharing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent the first thirty seconds gazing at the intro photo thinking, "Woah. I know Heather's hair grows fast, but . . . Man! That fast?" Then I read the explanation. "Oh."

    Evie on tiptoes next to Eliza is charming.

    Why was Wyatt being so NEGATIVE in church? I don't know if I can approve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts! Your E girls are darling together and do seem so similar.
    The frame testers are adorable. It sort of kills me that the cat eye frames are popular again. Evelyn wore that style for most of my life.
    Great schools are a real blessing, I wouldn't expect you to have anything but that for your kids.
    Way to go on the driving and surviving church, I am with you on the whatever it takes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment