One About Griffin

In the last week, Griffin Wimmer has started talking about himself in third person.  I think it is kind of funny, but it is enough to really bug Wyatt. Griff loves superheroes, and especially Spiderman right now.  Last night we made Spiderman watercolor pictures together, which he would like to hang in his room. Today after (my) nap time, he came to my room and spent a good half hour pretending to be Peter Parker and Spiderman, saving me from various villains.  Then he needed to find all his Spiderman things and put them on.  (The toothbrush in his jacket pocket is Spiderman themed too.)  And he is saying, "SPIDER CHEESE!" in the picture below.


Griff finished his first set of swimming lessons for the summer and loves to go under the water with his goggles.  He has a dense little body, so we are still working on learning what to do when he sinks, as he invariably does. Hopefully the next week of swim lessons will help with that.

On Friday we went to Matt Ross and were crossing the street to get to the entrance when Griff noticed a car was coming.  He yelled, "Car coming!" and ran fast to get out of the street.  It was especially impressive awareness of surroundings for a three year old, and made this mother's heart happy.

Yesterday he was asking me what I gave him before he was born.  We decided his blue eyes, his sense of direction, and his siblings came from me.  He got a keen sense of justice and wanting to protect people and throw things and jump from his dad.

Griff periodically breaks out in tears and tells me he doesn't want to die.  And he doesn't want me to die either.  I think it has to do with his most repeated sentence right now, "I want to stay with you!"

Griffin's favorite color is red.  His favorite movie is Prince of Egypt (which he just watched and fell asleep watching).  His favorite food is hamburgers (we took the kids to BRGR last night).  He still gives adorable kisses with his lower lip pushed out farther than his top lip and distributes them freely, especially when people are hurt.


When he grows up, Griffin wants to be a doctor, an airplane pilot, a lifeguard and a dog.  He hopes his dad will teach him to be a doctor, his grandpa will teach him to be a pilot, he will take a lifeguard class, and luckily he already knows how to be a dog from his mom.

Oh!  And Griffin got engaged this week.  When we were coming home from Utah, he told me that he missed his wife that he is going to marry.  That would be his cute little friend Emery.  This week we had her over to play and I overheard this cute conversation:

"Emery, do you want to marry me when I grow up?"

"Sure!  That sounds fun!"

"Ok.  Good. Because I want to marry you when I grow up."

"Me too."

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the big announcement! We can't wait to meet Emery.

    He is so adorable. Thank you for sharing your precious Griff with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now that everything important is set . . . really, you just have to plan the cake, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Alan and Griff. I wondered if he looks like Alan's little boy pictures. You give such terrific word protraits of your children. I loved this one! Griff is a super kid!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment