Autopilot Disengaged

Every time summer starts I am surprised by how things don't go as I plan and that I forget to plan as much as I should.  Some of that is great and what we like about summer, but some of that just feels like losing your balance on a bike you are supposed to know how to ride.  We are two weeks down on our summer and I haven't done anything on our list of fun things we are supposed to do yet. I'm even having trouble getting things done that I routinely do during the school year.  But we have gone swimming and learned some new hairdos and done other random things.

Willa is very patient with me messing with her hair.  She has three different kinds of braids in this new do (rope, dutch and pull-through).

Eve would like to live in her swim suit now.  Reminds me of Kirsta and Eliza and Mariah.

Last play group at Ella's house before she moves.

Popsicles!  Ella, Eve, Nicholas, Griff, Eleanor
We sold the stroller quickly and easily on Craigslist.  We are slowly leaving the baby things behind us again.  Eliza scolded me for not saving it for her firstborn.


One last ride... Griff and Eve weren't really ready to let it go.
I hosted a BBQ for my BYU Alumni board at my house last night.  It is completely energizing to have such very good people share ideas and excitement about doing good as we plan the coming year that I didn't want to chair.  Eve woke me up at 4 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep because the ideas wouldn't stop coming.  It may not be as calm of a BYU Alumni year as I had hoped.

So far the Sabbath has been good though.  I got to teach sharing time again and the choir is practicing that hymn I wrote so many years ago.  It's fun to hear it in real life.

Comments

  1. Oh my, no strollers already?!! What a brave mother you are! I had a nice chuckle that Eve would prefer to live in her swimsuit now. I thought it was a step up from preferring being nude. And Griff is amazingly sure of foot, isn't he? Does he run everywhere? The shot with him running on the lawn looks so graceful , confident, and FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you could get a recording of the hymn you wrote... Maybe during a practice they would let you make a video to show me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that your choir is singing your song and I'd love to hear it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment