We started out the week regular--just doing the normal things.
 |
| Park day with friends. Too cold for the moms, but great for the little run-arounds. |
 |
| Eve catching tadpoles in half of her preferred state. What is it with my kids and nudity?! |
 |
| I'm getting so excited about the blooms. We are hosting a wedding back here this month. |
 |
| Alan helped me clean the greenhouse. The outside sparkled for a day until the birds found the branches above. |
 |
| Half of Willa's new hairstyle--we cut off the bottom 10 inches or so. She's waiting to bleach. Ack! |
 |
| Evie wanted to go short too. She looks a little like Paige as a little girl in this photo to me. |
 |
| Four haircuts in one day. LOTS of Wimmer kid hair. |
 |
| The after haircut photos. |
Then I left for a few days. Regular stuff still went on, but without me to clean up after it. To be fair, some cleaning up happened, but it was still a little overwhelming to come home to the fun. Willa held the fort for a full 24 hours until we had to call backups. (I had about 4 friends waiting on call. Amanda was the top choice and happily entertained for the next day.)
Mother's Day was a lot of work, mostly. Just being a mother--to little kids who were a little off kilter from me being gone. Church was a workout. I did get a nap (happy face!), and Alan made us dinner, which was, of course, much better than any egg burritos I would have made for us. And the best part was talking to Mariah and Eliza online. I loved that!
I just had to give some evidence of how awesome Wyatt is. He is practicing baking. Tonight he made us an applesauce cake that was delish. His lemon bars are supreme, and he made some for a birthday party at school. He just chooses things and then becomes expert at them. Cool kid.
Willa still has headaches, but is seeming more like herself. She is practicing pop songs on the piano and has started a Twitter account for her celebrity line drawings. Here is one of my favorites. She also did a Mother's Day one for me.
I didn't know you were leaving town or coming through Vegas on your way back! So sorry I missed your phone calls! (I was taking tests Saturday)
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Eve catching tadpoles is so adorable! Can't wait to see the pictures of Willa's second half of her hair do (her line drawings are fun!) And your Wyatt is so great with his expertness. Love that boy.
Sounds like quite a week!
I love Willa's artwork. I love her smile too. She looks happier and a little more free to me. I love your kids.
ReplyDeleteTell Willa she's totally smashing as an artist. Is she ready to have a drawing go into a book?
ReplyDeleteI love this post from Evie's cute little bare butt, to Wyatt's delicious confections, and on to Willa's bright smile, Mariah's skype photo (Her hair is getting so long!) and Griff dangling food from his mouth. The new haircuts are stunning...I was amazed at the variety in color of the curls. Loved the whole thing!
ReplyDeleteAlso, Evie with her charming little haircut was the star of the whole post.
ReplyDeletePS- Also--Who is getting married in your back yard? When? Reminds me of the stuff I was doing in my 40s.
ReplyDelete