Hi Sweetie!
Your last letter was awesome. I am going to take your advice and just write about things I am grateful for. Shining a light on the good in your life is so very good for the soul. I'm sure that is why we are commanded to be grateful in all things. And I need that. I came home from Thanksgiving with a full heart and a full belly, but then I was asking our family about what they thought of the trip and I realized that Dad had a completely different experience than I did, and his seemed much better, so I started to get all grumpy. So let me remember the things that I am really grateful for this week again. There are a lot of them.
Griff and Eve turned three! How amazing that we were granted that blessing of having two more babies in our old age! And that they are so smart and fun and beautiful--just like we hoped they would turn out like their older siblings, they did! They say the funniest things too. The one that comes to mind most is that we were at dinner one day this week and Griff kept taking out his penis. I told him to put it away because that is a private part and he said, "It's not a private part, Mom. It's a toy!" Hilarious kid, that one. Eve is a crack up too, but my brain is drawing a blank right now on specific examples. What great blessings though!
We got to go to Nevada for Thanksgiving, which was exactly what I wanted to do, and I got to see my sisters and brother and parents and YOUR beautiful sister. The people were definitely my favorite parts. We even got to see Uncle Dick and Aunt Kathy and even Bryan for a minute, which wasn't supposed to happen. Those unexpected hugs and a short solitary visit with Kath were just absolute frosting for me. The main course was seeing my excellent parents showing me how to be excellent parents. They are the best. I always imagine coming home to Heaven will be like coming home to my parents who just fill the whole room with love when I walk in. And the food they served with their trembling hands and aging backs was delicious and perfect. It was fab to see my sibs and some of their kids. It was the best to have Eliza do my hair and Willa do my makeup to get ready for the day and family pictures. (The ones you'll see on my blog aren't quite as good as the ones I hope Uncle Joel emails me to use for our Christmas card that he took for us.)
Speaking of Christmas and cards, I have some questions for you.
1. Is it ok if I put that picture of your trio on your first night on our Christmas card? I thought you looked so beautiful in it.Your last letter was awesome. I am going to take your advice and just write about things I am grateful for. Shining a light on the good in your life is so very good for the soul. I'm sure that is why we are commanded to be grateful in all things. And I need that. I came home from Thanksgiving with a full heart and a full belly, but then I was asking our family about what they thought of the trip and I realized that Dad had a completely different experience than I did, and his seemed much better, so I started to get all grumpy. So let me remember the things that I am really grateful for this week again. There are a lot of them.
Griff and Eve turned three! How amazing that we were granted that blessing of having two more babies in our old age! And that they are so smart and fun and beautiful--just like we hoped they would turn out like their older siblings, they did! They say the funniest things too. The one that comes to mind most is that we were at dinner one day this week and Griff kept taking out his penis. I told him to put it away because that is a private part and he said, "It's not a private part, Mom. It's a toy!" Hilarious kid, that one. Eve is a crack up too, but my brain is drawing a blank right now on specific examples. What great blessings though!
We got to go to Nevada for Thanksgiving, which was exactly what I wanted to do, and I got to see my sisters and brother and parents and YOUR beautiful sister. The people were definitely my favorite parts. We even got to see Uncle Dick and Aunt Kathy and even Bryan for a minute, which wasn't supposed to happen. Those unexpected hugs and a short solitary visit with Kath were just absolute frosting for me. The main course was seeing my excellent parents showing me how to be excellent parents. They are the best. I always imagine coming home to Heaven will be like coming home to my parents who just fill the whole room with love when I walk in. And the food they served with their trembling hands and aging backs was delicious and perfect. It was fab to see my sibs and some of their kids. It was the best to have Eliza do my hair and Willa do my makeup to get ready for the day and family pictures. (The ones you'll see on my blog aren't quite as good as the ones I hope Uncle Joel emails me to use for our Christmas card that he took for us.)
Speaking of Christmas and cards, I have some questions for you.
I have a thing to be grateful for: FIFTY SIX MINUTES of happiness talking to you on the phone! I'm so glad it worked out. YOU, dear girl, are good for the soul. Love you so very much.
ReplyDeleteThank you for listing your gratitude. We are still enjoying the afterglow of Thanksgiving. After everyone left our upstairs heater went on vacation. Dad brought a space heater from the hanger and we moved it into whatever space we were inhabiting. Also we have an electric blanket on our bed that made sleep possible. The heater/cooler people came Monday and it is GRAND having heat again.
ReplyDeleteSaturday we took the leftover pumpkin and pecan pies to Kirsta and Bill. Dad finished the cherry last night and we are working on the apple. Thank you so much for your contribution. And most of all thanks for coming to our house and bringing your adorable family. We loved it!!!
You have such good things to say and wonderful blessings! Thank you for sharing this wonderful letter. You recognizing your blessings is helping me recognize mine.
ReplyDeleteThis email made me feel full! Full of love, gratitude, fab family, Mom, wonder, photographs and faces.....even technology ! Thank you, Sister for filling my cup. You are truly a gift❣❣❣
ReplyDelete-Kathy
Heather, why is it that we all seem to neglect to remember things that are so good in our lives!? When you mentioned it, it made me stop for a minute and look at my life. I have so much to be grateful for...and I am...I just need nudging every once in a while to stop for a minute and remember....xo momw
ReplyDelete