Conference was today, and it was absolutely the best part of the week. Except the miraculous recovery of my cell phone. I put it on the hood of the van as I was airing up the tire because the weather changed, and thought, "Can't forget that! It would be so terrible to drive away and forget it!" So of course, I drove off and forgot it. I even forgot to put the cap back on the tire! I forgot everything until about an hour later when I needed to make a call to ask advice about our upcoming BYU alumni activities and I couldn't find my phone. I had a shock of realization that I had indeed left it on the hood of the van and it was somewhere between the gas station and home. I used Find My iPhone to get an intersection (77th Terrace and Lamar) and drove back there praying. As I slowly went down the street looking at the gutter, there it was. I pulled over and it was perfect. Still there and not smashed. I was so encouraged I went back to the gas station and looked for the cap to my tire stem. There it was too, just waiting for me. As if an angel had been protecting things for me. It was amazing and improbable. Such a blessing!
Here are some conference photos:
 |
| Me and Eve getting ready. "I need my makeup, Mom!" |
 |
| Wyatt and Griff...wrestling?...resting?...It was hard to tell even at the time. |
 |
| Evie watching |
 |
| and then noticing I was taking pictures.... |
 |
| and then really getting into it. |
 |
Alan was working this weekend but made it home for the end of conference both days.
Willa made it to the morning sessions only. The afternoons were too hard to do. |
Favorite talks: Oaks, Holland, Bednar, Nelson, Carole Stephens...so many great ones!
Yes! Conference was wonderful. Just what I needed. So many good talks. And you and Evie look amazing. Love it. I need to go print up my verse to ponderize for the week before we unhook computer and printer for new floors...YAY!
ReplyDeleteIt was GREAT. We watched the whole thing together, even the priesthood session. See what you have to look forward to when you get old?
ReplyDeleteRefreshment and cute children. No photos of Willa? I miss her when she's not on your blog. Love you all!
ReplyDelete